• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on painting and stenciling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DFA

Registered
So, I wanted to paint my case, adn I also wanted to give it an extra touch with some stencils.
I sanded it down and primered it, but now I'm not sure how to proceed, am I supposed to finish the base color paint and THEN spray on the stencil, or do both at the same time (ie light color coat, light stencil coat, sand, repeat.)

your preping sounds good, I would put on your base paint, then stencil what pattern you have to put on. I have just recently frosted part of my window on my case and I was amazed that the krylon frosted paint worked so well. Make sure you allow the base paint proper time to dry

or you could just get some car spray paint and spray a few layers like me :p
worked well for me, but didn't spray a protective layer on top of my Matte Black, so if you scratch hard enough, the paint still comes off.

i'll be sure to sand it down beforehand next time though.
i say spray the base paint followed by the stencil. let the base paitn dry first though.

Thanks for the advice! I'll finish up the base black paint and then spray my red stencils on when it's done.

sand it down and clean it off (get off all dust)...Use an adhesion promoter ( comes in a spray can).. then use the color of your choice and a clear coat..

Back