• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help creating new partition on a RAID0 on ASRock X79 Extreme6 Mother Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoshiharra

Registered
OK, finally managed to install Windows 7 on newly build computer, I am a Mac guy, so I am pretty amaized at myself! :) Here is the hardware list —

Part list:
Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz*
ASRock X79 Extreme6 Mother Board
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Graphics Card
2 Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM

Installed windows 7 on a partition of 250GB of 3 TB RAID0, rest of it is unallocated. The RAID was setup in the Motherboard, with SATA3_0 and 3_1 port (as described in the user guide), then creating a 250GB partition in UEFI(BIOS?) utility. I don't know how to created couple of new partition in unallocated space on the same RAID0 drive. Can some one point me to right direction please?

Thanks

wi94zq.jpg

That is correct Redduc900, however first he'll need to assign the free space in the raid utility pictured to a new raid volume.

He has 5.4TB of storage, but only 200GB of it is currently assigned to a RAID volume... Without the rest of it being assigned to a RAID volume, it won't appear in disk management to perform operations on his free space.

Unless I'm mistaken.

That is correct Redduc900, however first he'll need to assign the free space in the raid utility pictured to a new raid volume.

He has 5.4TB of storage, but only 200GB of it is currently assigned to a RAID volume... Without the rest of it being assigned to a RAID volume, it won't appear in disk management to perform operations on his free space.

Unless I'm mistaken.

How can I assign the rest of the space, I tried to create a volume, but it only let me create one with 5GB partition, not change able!?

Thanks

Back