• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP!!! I overclocked my CPU and it is glitching out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HPC was introduced into the bios after the release of bulldozer. Because of it's excessive power draw many boards were throttling the processor. HPC is supposed to stop that from happening by changing the criteria for throttling.

I THINK I MIGHT'VE FIXED IT :D

What I did:
Disabled C6
Enabled HPC
Enabled APM

Changed all the numbers from auto to default numbers, kept default clockspeed of 200, changed the multiplier number to 21.5 for a 4.3 OC, and as of right now everything is working. I have a solid constant 4.3 OC, no screen flashes, no glitches/lags/etc. Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it :D

Mickey, you mentioned in your first post, you overclocked it without changing any voltages. If you look at the Hwmonitor screen shot you posted the board is raising the Cpu Voltage to 1.452 V under load. Usually when one leaves the voltage on Auto and overclocks the board will try to compensate for the overclock. In most cases it will give the processor more voltage then it needs to be stable. You may want to try and manually set the Cpu voltage to see if it can be lowered and remain stable.

Back