• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP W/ AMDFX-8150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wayne, assuming, again, that it is a gaming rig, you'll noticeably improve FPS by OC'ing your GPUs.

Lower your freq to 4.5 (wich is already a nice OC on air for a 8150), and squeeze these 6870's! ;)

what are the manufacturer recommended timings? If you post up all of your CPU-z tabs, that would also be very helpful, including the ram / spd/ cpu tabs

here they are my stock speed is 1866

Attachments

• mem.PNG
    mem.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 39
  • spd.PNG
    spd.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 38
i want to see how far I can push it my motherboard says 2400 in the bios easy overclock but the gigabyte website says it only supports 2000mhz

or should i lower the timings and make it faster that way? idk what to do i just want the best for my pc

You timings look good if it's stable, if you are not benching it is highly unlikely that you will see a difference running the ram higher then you already are. With 4 sticks of ram you will find it more difficult to run high overclocks because of the increased stress on the IMC. In day in an day out tasks especially gaming you really don't need to run that cpu higher then 4.3-4.5. As manu stated you are much better off ocing the gpu's.

That's up to you mrwayne410. Can you reach the speed of plaid in hyperactive. :rofl:

Hate to disappoint ya but I'm a gamer just not the online multiplayer stuff. In the game section there's a post for steam names. You should check it out.

Back