• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wipeout

I am going with Intel on my next build.I always went the AMD/ Gigabyte route on every build,but I can see why the extremists recommend the Asrock Z77 Extreme 6.I will definitely oc the cpu,but I only use 1 vc.Is this board overkill for 1 vc.Love the black design,gold caps,and the 8+4 power phase.This should help achieve higher oc's.I always stayed away from Asrock boards because I heard they were flimsy,for lack of better words.

CPU- This will be gaming only,so I think a i5 should work for my needs.

Also looking at this for a cooler. NH-D14.What a friggin monster:) Makes my EVO look small.

Last edited:
I am going with Intel on my next build.I always went the AMD/ Gigabyte route on every build,but I can see why the extremists recommend the Asrock Z77 Extreme 6.I will definitely oc the cpu,but I only use 1 vc.Is this board overkill for 1 vc.Love the black design,gold caps,and the 8+4 power phase.This should help achieve higher oc's.I always stayed away from Asrock boards because I heard they were flimsy,for lack of better words.

CPU- This will be gaming only,so I think a i5 should work for my needs.

Also looking at this for a cooler. NH-D14.What a friggin monster:) Makes my EVO look small.

ASR boards got quite good since they left Asus. Get a Z77 Extreme4. Cheaper, and will behave exactly like any other decent Z77 board regarding casual (over ambient) overclocking. What do you mean by vc?

The i5 is perfect for gaming.

Nearly all Z77 boards will overclock the same on air/water. Main difference is in additional features so just pick the board which has enough SATA, USB, PCIE, LAN or other things that you need.
ASRock is generally recommended as it's cheaper than most other brands and keeps high quality. Also their support is much better than most others so you can count that even if there will be any issue then you get fast answer how to solve it or you won't need to wait too long for BIOS update with fix. Z77 boards are mature enough so almost all issues have been solved anyway.

ASR boards got quite good since they left Asus. Get a Z77 Extreme4. Cheaper, and will behave exactly like any other decent Z77 board regarding casual (over ambient) overclocking. What do you mean by vc?

The i5 is perfect for gaming.

VC = Video Card. Must be getting lazy from typing all day :p

Nearly all Z77 boards will overclock the same on air/water. Main difference is in additional features so just pick the board which has enough SATA, USB, PCIE, LAN or other things that you need.
ASRock is generally recommended as it's cheaper than most other brands and keeps high quality. Also their support is much better than most others so you can count that even if there will be any issue then you get fast answer how to solve it or you won't need to wait too long for BIOS update with fix. Z77 boards are mature enough so almost all issues have been solved anyway.

Makes my decision alot easier. Thank-You :)

Last edited:
Back