• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need motherboard suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkblitz05

Guys, I would like to ask some help/recommendations with a new motherboard.
Currently Im using the Asus M5a99FX Pro R2.0
Current CPU is AMD FX8350
Current GPU is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
Current ram DDR3.

I would like to ask some suggestions of a new board that is not pricey but also I can still use my FX8350 and my GTX 1060 and my 8gig DDR3 Ram,
A mobo that in the future I can switch to DDR4 memory.
My Budget is still on the Mobo level.

Unless your motherboard is faulty I'd save up for an upgrade instead of replacing parts. Also AFIK there isn't an AMD motherboard that accepts DDR3 and DDR4

Unfortunately, you will probably be limited to used equipment because of the age of your system. Manufacturers haven't been producing AM3+ boards for a few years now and if there are any new ones on the shelves that are the caliber of the one you already have (which is or was a pretty good one) they will be prohibitively expensive. If you are having issues with your current motherboard you need to be looking at making the conversion to the DDR 4 generation of motherboard and CPU and Memory. The video card will still work.

Save your cash for a significant upgrade...if its broke and you need to fix it find a cheap one that will work until you can save for an upgrade.

Ya, I was currently searching for boards in my area that supports AM3+ but sadly.. there are no more, most common boards that are on sale here are AM4, boards for Ryzen cpu's..
So the last resort would be saving up for an upgrade :(
was planning to search for a new AM3+ board coz the current that I have is the audio jack is not working properly.. I think buying a soundcard will be the option.

Back