• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need your help on upgrade!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carlozsilva

Hi, i want to upgrade my gpu cus i change my old 19" monitor for a 22" and now i can go 1920*1080 this is my setup:

Asus P5Q-5
Intel C2D E7500 2.93 ghz
4 GB Corsair XMS 2
Ati Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit
PSU Zalman Heatpipe 500W

I play CoD MW 1&2 a lot
Crysis
Doom
Looking forward to BF BC, MOH and Black Ops

so wich gpu can go along with my setup, if I have to change the cpu wich one should I get? I´ll like to stay so more time with socket 775 at least to mid 2011 to see was coming on amd and intel,,,thank you all for the help

Maybe save a bit more for the 1Gb version as its notably better... Otherwise, thats about the best you can get.

Thanks Dog, I was doing a lot of reading and i know that if i change MB and CPU next year i need to buy the best gpu i can get with my budget, i know that my cpu is going to be a bottleneck for the gpu now but i guess is the way to go, thanks a lot man!!!

You could get that gtx460 (maybe save for 1GB ver.) or get ATI 5830/5850 (1GB) I don't now if that fit's in your budget ... 5850 if you can find it at this price

Have you been thinking of getting one more 4850 (maybe used one) and CF those ??

You could get that gtx460 (maybe save for 1GB ver.) or get ATI 5830/5850 (1GB) I don't now if that fit's in your budget ... 5850 if you can find it at this price

Have you been thinking of getting one more 4850 (maybe used one) and CF those ??

Thanks for the advise, i just see on one diler´s page GTX460 from ECS Black Edition on 230 usd, my 4850 was bought on US and is really hard to find one here in Mexico and besides my psu is just 500W from Zalman to do CF I think I have to change the PSU to.... I´ll go on that gtx460 from ECS, I didnt find too much to read on reviews but it seems to be be a great card... thank you all for the help!!!
:D

Back