• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 8 cores into the 5.0+ range

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
is it just me or are the newer 8 cores just not able to get to the mid 5's?
I have seen 1 that did 4.8 on low vcore on air with ease but would not budge 1 mgz more and not seeing any over 5.2 on just water.

To what level of stability? I have subbed some runs last year in Overclocktagon in the 5.3 or 5.4 ...... nowhere near stable though I wasn't really trying.

let's not get that picky bassnut, my 8350 I was able to bench on all 8 at a little over 5.6 on water and rads and i'm no benching god.

If I can find some time I will see what this beasty can come up with on the weekend. Maybe I can get a run or two in fr the overclocktagon.

From what I've seen come through the forum, the Fx 8370 chips seem to fare pretty well as far as low voltage and also able to do some pretty good clock speeds at or above 5.0 Ghz. I know PolRoger has one chip in particular that does 5.0 all day long crunching either F@H or Seti, I forget which one, at about the same voltage I need for 4.7 Ghz. I don't recall many 8350's coming through here of late where the OP was either trying or had the ability to push to or past 5.0.

I don't recall many 8350's coming through here of late where the OP was either trying or had the ability to push to or past 5.0.

There lies the biggest problem ...... most guys that come through here don't have the gear to run those clocks. How many times do we see someone with a dinky AIO cooler claim to be able to run 4.8GHZ but wonder why they have errors or crappy boards and heat issues. I do agree with the introduction of the FX9XXX chips it is harder to find that chip that can go that extra bit like the old FX8XXX chips went and the new chips do clock up with less VCore but the heat is still there. My chip stable at 5065MHZ ish needs 1.488v compared to my old FX8350 that needed 1.524v that's 0.036v difference.

Just my thoughts.

There lies the biggest problem ...... most guys that come through here don't have the gear to run those clocks. How many times do we see someone with a dinky AIO cooler claim to be able to run 4.8GHZ but wonder why they have errors or crappy boards and heat issues. I do agree with the introduction of the FX9XXX chips it is harder to find that chip that can go that extra bit like the old FX8XXX chips went and the new chips do clock up with less VCore but the heat is still there. My chip stable at 5065MHZ ish needs 1.488v compared to my old FX8350 that needed 1.524v that's 0.036v difference.

Just my thoughts.

Don't be hating! I'm working on getting a custom loop :p

I'm kidding but do wish I could just buy everything at once for my custom loop. That way I could give the ol' girl a kick in the butt and see how my chip stacks up.

I know that Blue...... but for everyone that actually take our advice and get real cooling or stay within reasonable limits for their system, like you and a few others we see many who blow through and never to here from again. We don't try and push people to spend big money on their systems but try and help solve problems they have. With FX to many see big numbers posted by others and want the same and some will accept advice some will head off looking for advice advice suits them.

Buying all your stuff at once can be tough and being costs money, water cooling can be expensive. Plan things out ahead of time, ask questions, buy smart you don't have to go big right off the bat but if you are careful adding to your loop over time is pretty simple.

My chip stable at 5065MHZ ish needs 1.488v compared to my old FX8350 that needed 1.524v that's 0.036v difference.
My 8350 is about the same as your 8350 Bassnut, for daily driving at 5.0 I'm about 1.525 as well, therefore I don't drive daily at 5.0 :D

I didn't either I ran it at 4.9 when I needed to or stock when I didn't need the boost Johan has that chip now.

I tend to use the laptop more now for daily use then my big systems that's more to do with not having allot of spare time and computer time is sorta shared with TV time.

Screenshot_2015-11-11-08-50-21.png
FX-9590 8 CORE 4.7 GHZ (5 GHZ TURBO) STOCK ---
try passing mid 5, and move into the mid 6 ghz range...

here is mine running 15.7 GHZ -- FIFTEEN POINT SEVEN GHZ -- 15713.56 MHZ -- 200X78.5 (on air) deal with it!
IS THIS A NEW WORLD RECORD?. FX 9590 BLACK "during turbo core (boost)"

Sorry but NO. It's not a record
As for C_D's original question. I spend a lot of time on other sites and these new FX seem to hit 5.0 a lot more often than they did in the past. I think that one you had isn't necessarily uncommon but definitely not the norm.

View attachment 171072

here is mine running 15.7 GHZ -- FIFTEEN POINT SEVEN GHZ -- 15713.56 MHZ -- 200X78.5 (on air) deal with it!
I have to ask.
Is that what you really thought?:rofl:

View attachment 171072

9590 Zambezi core? If you don't think this is a software glitch not much I can say.

Back