• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build w\fx-8320 and sabortooth r2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only thing I see and it could be an issue with continual use or maybe not.

I see you have the DDR3-1866 ram running at about DDR3-2150 and 9, 9, 9 and not 9, 10, 9. That would be awesome ram if it holds that for sure. I would make sure I ran P95 Blend on it for at least a full 2hrs maybe a littel more; using as much ram as possible during the testing to make sure there is not a hint of a ram issue for when she gets it and starts doing everyday stuff.

I used to open Internet Exploder just to watch it crash as I was dialing in P95 Blend mode. So borderline stable may still result in an issue in some daily use. FYI since you will not be at the keyboard 24/7.
RGone...ster.

I see you have the DDR3-1866 ram running at about DDR3-2150 and 9, 9, 9 and not 9, 10, 9. That would be awesome ram if it holds that for sure. I would make sure I ran P95 Blend on it for at least a full 2hrs maybe a littel more; using as much ram as possible during the testing to make sure there is not a hint of a ram issue for when she gets it and starts doing everyday stuff.

I used to open Internet Exploder just to watch it crash as I was dialing in P95 Blend mode. So borderline stable may still result in an issue in some daily use. FYI since you will not be at the keyboard 24/7.
RGone...ster.

I'm finding it hard to believe myself RGone but I actually ran p95 for 4 hours last night and it never even hiccuped. I had the ram even higher at one point and it still seemed stable but I wasn't comfortable with it so I backed it back down, if this is representative of this new ram from Corsair then I think they have a winner on there hands but then again maybe I just got lucky. I'll keep an eye on it and if she has any issues I'll change the timings.

I sensed from your moving to stability that you were not a no-nothing or believed I felt that. I see now I was accurate. Good deal man and she should have a powerful rig for her use.
RGone...ster.

QUOTE=tcar;7597975]I'm finding it hard to believe myself RGone but I actually ran p95 for 4 hours last night and it never even hiccuped. I had the ram even higher at one point and it still seemed stable but I wasn't comfortable with it so I backed it back down, if this is representative of this new ram from Corsair then I think they have a winner on there hands but then again maybe I just got lucky. I'll keep an eye on it and if she has any issues I'll change the timings.[/QUOTE]

RGone...ster.

Dang it RGone you made me jinks myself, I went to shut down and windows crashed I'm thinking it had to be the memory timings as temps and voltages were right in line. I went ahead and put it at 9-10-9-24 and will monitor it but damn after all the testing and it decides to crash when I go to shut down LOL oh well I doubt it will make any noticeable difference in overall performance.

Dang it RGone you made me jinks myself, I went to shut down and windows crashed I'm thinking it had to be the memory timings as temps and voltages were right in line. I went ahead and put it at 9-10-9-24 and will monitor it but damn after all the testing and it decides to crash when I go to shut down LOL oh well I doubt it will make any noticeable difference in overall performance.

Heck man sorry for that. I don't know if that crash were ram related or not. But I am testing some ram right now out at its' limit and it will not even finish boot if I don't have that tRCD set dead on the money or open one notch looser than I was trying. One little timing and I am dead in the water. Now if past experience is any teacher...it will go faster than where it is now at almost DDR3-2200. 4 sticks and 16 gigs can be a load but I cannot have an overclock now that does not have enough ram in this board to do my video editting and I thought 8 gigs was enough...it is but not as fast as 16 gigs.

Good luck man.
RGone...ster.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, my wife has been complaining about her old system for some time now and since I had the new one up and running I decided to have a quick look at her old system and this is what I found.
idle temps pre cleanup.JPG

gpu idle temp pre cleanup.JPG

these are idle temps the current temp is after I pulled the side off the case and let a little air into it Lol I guess I should have cleaned it out every so often it looked like some one installed shag carpeting inside the case.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, my wife has been complaining about her old system for some time now and since I had the new one up and running I decided to have a quick look at her old system and this is what I found.
View attachment 136568

View attachment 136569

these are idle temps the current temp is after I pulled the side off the case and let a little air into it Lol I guess I should have cleaned it out every so often it looked like some one installed shag carpeting inside the case.
Well if it ever gets cold in Texas, you can use that rig for a space heater!

Surprised that there was no thermal shutdown on that 7750 BE. It's over the shut down temp, and well over the damage temp. Makes me not believe the reported temps.

Anyone Frying tonight!! Smells like your PC is burning Darling sorry love it thought it was the Food i was cooking!! :chair: :rofl:

Surprised that there was no thermal shutdown on that 7750 BE. It's over the shut down temp, and well over the damage temp. Makes me not believe the reported temps.

those were the real temp's why this thing didn't fry it's self is beyond my understanding Lol:shrug:

I wanted to see if you guys might have some clue to give me here. my wife's new system has been doing pretty well but shes having some lock up's on occasion when playing sims3 and it happened to my son while playing total war 2 no crash just the game locks up also when playing sims3 it gets jerky when panning the view. I'll be messing with the system this weekend to try and figure out whats going on but as of right now when I did a quick check while she was playing sims3;
cpu and socket temps were barley over idle temp
cpu was only around 8-12% usage
gpu was any where from 30-80% max peak 80%
gpu temp was around 46c
memory usage was about 4gigs
memory is currently set at 1845mhz 9-10-9-24 timing
otherwise all system specs are identical to earlier posts and screen shots. I really dont see any reason why it would be having any problems if I cant figure any thing else out then I will set every thing back to default and see if the problem persists but given what I've described do you guys have any thoughts as to what might be going on??

forgot some info M.B. bios is 1903
catalyst driver is the latest official release don't remember 13 something sorry I'm not at that computer.
screen resolution is 1920x1080
single monitor BenQ XL Series XL2420TE

Back