• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellsrengade

amd 8120 8 core 3.1ghz
8 gb of g.skill sniper 1600mhz
mobo crosshair formula v
Video card xfx ati 5770 1gb
moniter is a 46 in sony bravia
sound system sony 1000watt with 4 mtx thunder pro two PA cabs
case is a antec nine hundred

Did you have a question or looking for feedback? Seems like a nice system.

Nice component choice.... ^^^ Like the man said, is there a question regarding your build?

man i game alotta and dj i need to get a water cooler cuz its at 30C on start up with stock cooler and paste but i love this computer i order 3 amd 7950 at 3 gb per card and i am looking at ordering a phase changer instead of the water cooler now but i need to get a bigger case i was thinking a nztx phantom

Phase change isnt a 24/7 cooling solution...condensation would be a problem.
With a properly designed unit, it can be. If the board is insulated properly, you shouldn't ever get condensation.

Certainly. If one would like to jump through those hoops with significantly elevated risk of destroying components, as well as much high power consumption, noise, and a HUGE cost for something remotely powerful enough to support 3 cards and a CPU on it, it can be. Normally, It is not (Im sure you knew what I was going for.....). Akin to a dragster being a daily driver. Sure it can work, but there are better tools for the job.

Go water and forget about phase change for 24/7... again its not normally a 'daily driver' solution.

Last edited:
Back