• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New WC build, looking for help to test its OC ability.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Screencaps... :)

In case you want screenshots, here is how.

1. Hit prtscn button then paste into ms paint. Save file then attach to the forum (not 3rd party) with file attach button.
2. Hit f12 to take a screenshot of your bios. You will need a USB stick as it will save the file there. You may need to save it as a jpg, then attach to forums with file attach button

Eddie when you post up your Oc results do it with Hwmonitor and these tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory it's a lot more helpful. Additionally when posting screen shots use the windows snipping tool, it's much better then snapping it with a camera

OK, I GET IT! :mad:

When I do a simple "Prt Scn" this is what I get. Than I have to import into Gimp and cut it down export it into a format the forum will take.. Sometimes its easier and less time consuming just to grab a quick pic from my phone and upload it.

SimpleScrnShot.jpg

EarthDog said:
Flip those fans around working against each other... top of the case open or not the airflow will be better.

Good luck!

Yes, maybe after I finish with these base lines. There is no sense in changing them at this point.

Win 10 still has snipping tool. Works great just take your "snip" save as .jpeg and the pic is the right size for posting.

Ill give the snipping tool a try ( I pinned it to my task bar), FYI, when I click outside the "Heaven Video Window" it drops the video and my GPU utilization goes to zero for some reason. Than my temps quickly drop and the screenshots would be off by as much as -2-3c.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you.JPG

Last edited:
Forgive me guys, its not that I'm being lazy, but I had a light ballast go bad and my wireless router took a dump. Still working on the light, but on the bright side, my WiFi is now streaming screaming fast after installing the Asus RT-AC3200 wireless router, and while I was there (at the puter store) I picked up another radiator (EK-CoolStream PE 240 Dual).

moar rads means moar cooling, moar cooling means moar volts, moar volts means moar clocks...........

Dear OP,

Cpu LLC at Ultra high will lock Cpu voltage. IE: set 1.4125v and LLC to ultra high reading should be always 1.4125v

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

moar rads means moar cooling, moar cooling means moar volts, moar volts means moar clocks...........

Above statement isn't entirely true.

__--__--__

Usually it's more cooling (chilling in example) would yield the use of less volts at same given clock speed.

Example: 5ghz at 1.5500v with liquid at 55c stable may turn into --> 5ghz at 1.43750v chilled at 15c

Thermally bound is FX processor, not voltage bound.

Extreme Overclocker seeks cold chilling for maximum clocks. Single stage and Cascade would yield high clocks in the 6ghz range for daily use.

There's nothing more humorous than misleading information.

I stand by my original post to Eddie Current to keep topic on track.

Judging by OP screen shots, more rad and more voltage won't get him anywhere unless more rads accompany a decent drop of ambient temps of 5c or more. Dissipating heat into ambient air makes more rads accomplish almost nothing in some cases while ambient temps rise.

There's nothing more humorous than misleading information.

I stand by my original post to Eddie Current to keep topic on track.

Judging by OP screen shots, more rad and more voltage won't get him anywhere unless more rads accompany a decent drop of ambient temps of 5c or more. Dissipating heat into ambient air makes more rads accomplish almost nothing in some cases while ambient temps rise.
I agree to a point, if there was already enough existing raddage then the addition of more isn't going to make much difference. Though, with the existing radiators cooling both the Fx 8350 and the 6970 it is likely not enough surface area to keep Delta T reasonable. Will the addition of 240mm of radiator make a big difference, that remains to be seen.

Any little bit helps. While I was running a GTX 480 on the Cpu loop, testing the cpu with the gpu idle made little difference. The Gpu output at idle is minimal. However if we where testing furmark (or something similar) at the same time as Cpu stress testing, that would be a better indication of how well his water loop does while actually loading the entire PC, cpu and gpu at the same time.

So really he's got a bit of testing to do, I agree adding rads would help the current situation, it may also be better to run two loops. The Gpu 6970 probably wouldn't need more than 120.2 rad while the Cpu could get away with the same for a 4.8ghz overclock depending on ambient temps.

Just a lot of variables. Saying more rad and more voltage just doesn't cut the mustard for truely stable overclocking. His Ram could get unstable. Would more volts make it stable? Not always.

he also has a motherboard block that is hindering his cpu cooling.
he needs more rad at this point or ditch the motheboard block.
and on ambient water, more rad, means more cooling, means more volts, means more clocks.
with my 8350 in this case with a 2x120=5.0.
2x120 in push/pull making it 4x120=5.2, took a major vcore jump.
with the 9x120 in push/pull, making it an 18x120, =5.6.

Back