• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New fan recommendation - TRUE Black Copper Rev. C 120mm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And for good reason. Noctua actually stays completely silent at lower RPMs, unlike the fans you mentioned.
There's a place for each type of fan, this one is better with silence than a screamer.

Only the IP67 are waterproof and dustproof, which is what ehume reviewed.

Not all deltas or sans ace fans are screamers. I dont understand why thats so hard for you to process. the AFB line goes down to 1700 rpm if I remember correctly, and Sans ace undervolts better than some fans PWM, most control software allows 1% increments so I dont see that definition of control as a problem.

If you cant stand the sound of ball bearings and need a fan with a modified rifle bearing then by all means spend the money on Noctua. Youre exactly the kind of person they want to capitalize on.

I have a hard time fathoming how sensitive people are to bearing noise, then complain when their system runs hot because the fans are running so slow.

Not all deltas or sans ace fans are screamers. I dont understand why thats so hard for you to process. the AFB line goes down to 1700 rpm if I remember correctly, and Sans ace undervolts better than some fans PWM, most control software allows 1% increments so I dont see that definition of control as a problem.

If you cant stand the sound of ball bearings and need a fan with a modified rifle bearing then by all means spend the money on Noctua. Youre exactly the kind of person they want to capitalize on.

I have a hard time fathoming how sensitive people are to bearing noise, then complain when their system runs hot because the fans are running so slow.

I'm speaking of the Delta that was linked earlier in this thread.
Yes, 1% is great, but my point is that there's a difference in 1% on a 2000RPM fan and a 3700RPM fan.

Ball bearings have a distinct sound, I have non-ball fans for my 24/7 rig, but my gaming rig has ball bearings since there will be other noise to cover the sound.

And this is where fans like the Noctuas come in. No bearing noise, and move a good amount of air.

I'm speaking of the Delta that was linked earlier in this thread.
Yes, 1% is great, but my point is that there's a difference in 1% on a 2000RPM fan and a 3700RPM fan.

Ball bearings have a distinct sound, I have non-ball fans for my 24/7 rig, but my gaming rig has ball bearings since there will be other noise to cover the sound.

And this is where fans like the Noctuas come in. No bearing noise, and move a good amount of air.

I guess i'm one of the few willing to pay the price of bearing noise for longer lasting operation and more headroom.

Personally all my fans are Deltas except for a side exhaust. The 2 intakes stay at ~1300rpm, the 4 rad fans sit at 900 and the side exhaust is a cougar 120 usually sitting at 30% for no real reason, for me thats pretty comfortable. I can make them go slower, but id rather have good ventilation.

I guess i'm one of the few willing to pay the price of bearing noise for longer lasting operation and more headroom.

Personally all my fans are Deltas except for a side exhaust. The 2 intakes stay at ~1300rpm, the 4 rad fans sit at 900 and the side exhaust is a cougar 120 usually sitting at 30% for no real reason, for me thats pretty comfortable. I can make them go slower, but id rather have good ventilation.

Longer lasting? 150,000 hours MTBF isn't enough for you on the Noctua I linked?
Last I checked a lot of Deltas aren't even that long of a life expectancy.

Back