• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New guy with 4130 OC reset issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gunqlay

Hello, folks. I am new here, been lurking for a while, figure now is a good time to join.
I am running an FX-4130 quad on a Gigabyte 990fx UD3 mobo, I have been able to run a stable 4.8 at 1.45v with a stress temp of 51. I have run into the infamous issue with the clock resetting after reboot. I have only AMD Overdrive and CPUID running and Heavyload for stressing. Can somebody shed some light as to how to make my OC stick? Thank you in advance.
Cheers.

If you are using Overdrive to do the overclocking instead of manually changing the bios settings then you need to know that Overdrive needs to be configured to load the overclock settings upon bootup. Otherwise it will not retain the values you enter. Not sure if this is what is happening as you don't give enough details to know how you are using Overdrive.

If you are using Overdrive to do the overclocking instead of manually changing the bios settings then you need to know that Overdrive needs to be configured to load the overclock settings upon bootup. Otherwise it will not retain the values you enter. Not sure if this is what is happening as you don't give enough details to know how you are using Overdrive.
I am adjusting the multiplier in OD with the Core0 slider option after disabling TurboCore option after it suggests I do so when I increase the multiplier, I also have been adjusting the voltage slightly (1.45 was as high as I went at 23.5x multiplier for a 4.7Ghz OC)
It has been tears since I have been into this realm and so much has changed, I also poked around in BIOS to see if there was something I was missing. The system runs beautifully at load for normal use as well as stressed, from small to drastic OC, but upon reboot, the CPU status in OverDrive shows IN RED that I am back to 3.8.

Sounds like you need to commit to going the whole nine yards in manually overclocking the bios instead of doing part of it manually and the other part with OD.

Sounds like you need to commit to going the whole nine yards in manually overclocking the bios instead of doing part of it manually and the other part with OD.

I was trying to at first but there isn't anything I can adjust, despite it being unlocked, most of all the advanced CPU settings in bios are set to "auto" and won't allow for me to change, I can't even change the FSB to over 200mHz if I wanted to, it is all very very restricted. I have tried to find some tips on going at this good old fashioned way, but the reason I went with OverDrive was the fact that I couldn't yield any results within BIOS. Again, I am running a Gigabyte 990FX UD3 mobo dual UEFI. Suggestions? Google has let me down.

Oh, I thought maybe the Cool N Quiet may have been knocking it back from what I read, so I just disabled it to see, saved an OC profile on OverDrive, and it still won't stay.

if your going to use overdrive you will find in preferences a circle to click for it to load at startup.
as for the bios I would try another bios from the gigabyte site.
did you buy this computer as a prebuilt unit or build it yourself?

Thanks Caddi, I am not embarrassed on a new forum LOL There WERE no GUI's for OC action last I built. Just amazing, maybe it was my blood/alcohol level last night that was liable for the oversight LOL Thanks again, folks. I am going to go punch myself now.

Are you saying you the "Auto" settings are grayed out and not accessible? Is there a main overclocking header that needs to be set to Manual that will unlock all the sub menu items?

Back