• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Kraken G10 MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madspecv

Registered
Finally got my G10's.

Ran into a couple of problems but minor stuff.

So, this MOD is for both my Asus GTX770 DIRECT CUII OC, did not have problems with them but they did get hot under load, 75 in game, wanted to see if those NZXT brackets would work... They ABSOLUTELY DO !

- First off, I did go Overkill with the parts , you don't need VRAM heatsinks at all and the g10 kit does have included fans, I added some red one's to keep my color scheme.

- The VRAM heatsinks did not fit...too tall so ill sand them down a bit and reinstall them some other time, you can get some low profiles one from Zalman. But again, you don't need those, the RAM does not get hot at all, it was a cheap add on so I gave it a try.

- The VRM's however I wanted to keep cool. The DIRECT CUII has a heatsink and some heat tape but it's in place with the original backplate of the card. You have to get rid of it to be able to install the G10 so I used some thread to keep it in place.

- Once that was done , installed the bracket and Tadam, this it what it look's like. Pretty nice IMO, and the temps are awesome.

The temps are about the same at idle (24-25) but at max load i got maybe 38-39 in game in Ghost or BF4, that's kinda crazy ...25 difference. I ran some bench's and got the card's to about 56 in a Furmark @ 1080p for 15 minutes OC at 1300/7800/1.212v . I'm satisfied, this is a cheap cooling mod and it works.

Mad

Does mounting the VRM 'sinks like that put sufficient pressure on them to be effective? Or did you use
thermal glue of some type?

why not connect these all together and make one large loop? wouldn't he get better performance from one large loop?

cool mod though.

Looks cool and got a nice temp drop, but you were still ~25C from the safe temp limit of those cards.

madspecv congrats! for your nice build.

i want to buy the g10 and the kraken x61 for my asus gtx 770 DC II and i have a question. can i keep the backplate (the black one that says directCU II) on with the g10? if not, can i put some zip tides for holding the mosfet heatsinks, instead of the thread?

Thank mate

Back