• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes you can setup many folders with the same username, just dont copy the folding directory, download a new version for each machine, so that they have different UID (that are assigned by standford) this is how some of us have monster nubmers it by having many amchines just fold away for us under the same username.

oh and by the way welcom to all the new folders in the past few days :D

I just started to fold on my home puter and not sure how long it will take for one wu right now running a 1600+ non oc'd right now but will be soon.

hmmm yes i joined awile ago..... i already got 52WU in..bout time i made my way over and posted LOL
i got the one in my sig folding and a P4 2.8

I just joined today :D I hope I make a good contribution to the team. I just have the computer in my sig folding but I plan to have a 633 celeron folding soon :)

dagamore said:
welcom to all the new folders in the past few days

indeed! i have been away for the week so WELCOME to everyone who has joined our ranks this passed week!

FOLD ON
NAS

I think I forgot to post here. LOL

I'm only about 5 weeks into this, and in the mid 100s on the
team, and slowly scraping up the stats.

Nice to see so many new peeps joining, and some of my
old SETI friends here!

I just downloaded and installed FAH...................I guess it's working, I just entered - user name and team32. :)

in the gui version all you have to do is right click on the flower in your task bar, and on the first screen that pops up you should see your entry for team number and user name.

if you are using the text client, you can jsut edit the config file.

I just got started folding and was wondering how long it takes a work unit to finish?

On the website it said a P2 400 Mhz processor would finish one work unit in a day. I have a p4 1800 Mhz processor and in the last 10 hours at almost 100% cpu usage it did about 30 percent of the work unit. It says that it has finish 387/1250 on the work unit. Is it supposed to be that big, or is that why mine is taking so long?

It all depends on the work unit size . Back in the day ( last year ) , there were many units which were no as small as 0.5 points ! Thus a celeron 400 could easily do it in a day . But now we have some which are as large as 146 points ! A celeron 400 could never fold that fast enough to make the deadline .

Basically the FAQ at Stanford's site is a bit old and needs updatimg .

Back