• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED New Overclockers Premium Membership

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Want to gain more from your Overclockers membership? Become a Premium Member!

As an Overclockers Premium Member, you’ll gain access to exclusive features, which are available only at this special membership level. Check out these features offered only through a Premium Membership:

• Chat: Get access to real-time chat with other Overclockers members
  • Ad-Free Forum: While logged in as a Premium Member, you can turn display advertising on or off.
  • Premium Member Section: Premium members get their own private discussion area within the forum.
  • Premium Member Badge: Stand out from the crowd and show your Overclockers support! You’ll get a special Premium Member badge to display below your username.
  • Huge Private Message Inbox: Store up to 6,000 private messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo....

Am I member #1?

ETA: Where do we shut off advertising? Where's the chat? How do we get the new badge?

First 100 should get a special badge designating "OCFP First 100" or something! :D

Last edited:
Im willing to jump in next friday when I get paid but I am curious. Is this a one time charge or will this end up being an annual thing?

Just added mine, as well.

Soooo....

Am I member #1?

ETA: Where do we shut off advertising? Where's the chat? How do we get the new badge?

First 100 should get a special badge designating "OCFP First 100" or something! :D
Sorry, chawks2 beat us both to it. Chat is in the Private Forum in the forum listing. I'm guessing the advertising switch is in the user control panel, but I don't see it listed. This may be an option that is automatically enabled, though. You set your badge in your group memberships. Since you have a custom title set, I think we need to do it. I'll verify with IMOG. EDIT: Found it. :thup:

Is this a one time charge or will this end up being an annual thing?
Yearly.

Last edited:
doood thats alot of dollhairs. perhaps after the baby comes.

could there be a way to purchase parts seperate? lol
for instance ive been here like two years and havent deleted any messages and i only have like 76 i think lol

Last edited:
doood thats alot of dollhairs. perhaps after the baby comes.

could there be a way to purchase parts seperate? lol
for instance ive been here like two years and havent deleted any messages and i only have like 76 i think lol

Sorry, it's only a package thing... But its only $4/month, and it could even help lose weight! Skip one trip to the fast food joint each month, and you'll get in shape and have the perks. :D Plus you get a sweet shirt. :)

If you want more PMs, you could be my personal assistant and I'll forward all my PMs to you. :D I have a 4000 PM limit, and I delete all a couple times a year when it fills up.

I'll be starting another thread to summarize the benefits and ensure premiums know how to get and use them. Just haven't gotten to it yet. :) For now...

Soooo....

Am I member #1?

Close on #1, but no cigar. :D

ADVERTISING:

To turn off advertising, go to UserCP>Edit Options. You can then select the "premium skin" which has no ads.

CHAT:

Chat is in the premium member forum. embedded at the top of every page within. It can be collapsed, as well as muted, if one would so prefer. It has a boing when people reply, which is kinda growing on me. :)

There is a technical glitch with chat currently - it works for everyone but mbentley and I. :D So if we aren't in there yet, that's why. In the future once I work that out, I'll be in there for sure.

BADGE:

Configured in UserCP>Group Memberships. This method only works for those with default user titles however. Those with team badges and such already, just need ask. Thideras already got you sorted it looks like. :)

FIRST 100:

I REALLY like that idea. Just need to figure out how to do it. Reminds me of Slashdot, where low UID's are kinda bragging rights. :D

TSHIRTS:

Going through Vistaprint on the shirts. They stop at 2X so we're limited by their offering... If that can't accommodate you, I'll try and figure something else out when I'm able. That's a big part of the membership, so when I get a chance, maybe I'll figure out a special order for those who need it. :)

Last edited:
I'll be starting another thread to summarize the benefits and ensure premiums know how to get and use them. Just haven't gotten to it yet. :) For now...

Close on #1, but no cigar. :D

ADVERTISING:

To turn off advertising, go to UserCP>Edit Options. You can then select the "premium skin" which has no ads.

CHAT:

Chat is in the premium member forum. embedded at the top of every page within. It can be collapsed, as well as muted, if one would so prefer. It has a boing when people reply, which is kinda growing on me. :)

BADGE:

Configured in UserCP>Group Memberships. This method only works for those with default user titles however. Those with team badges and such already, just need ask. Thideras already got you sorted it looks like. :)

FIRST 100:

I REALLY like that idea. Just need to figure out how to do it. Reminds me of Slashdot, where low UID's are kinda bragging rights. :D

TSHIRTS:

Going through Vistaprint on the shirts. They stop at 2X so we're limited by their offering... If that can't accommodate you, I'll try and figure something else out when I'm able. That's a big part of the membership, so when I get a chance, maybe I'll figure out a special order for those who need it. :)

OK... Got all of that figured out but one...

Can't find the Premium forum...

Maybe I'm blind though.

Below the distributed computing team forums, above the discussion forums... Give me 60 seconds then you'll see it. I forgot a permission setting. :chair:

Thanks for playing guinea pig!

I would make the suggestion that $50 a year is probably a bit high while we're all talking...

I think you'd get ALOT more people interested at $25.

Also.. Need to setup a method to "gift" premium membership. Works really well on another forum I'm on.

ORRRRR... If iNet really wants to bust out the code...

Setup several levels of premium with different colored badges...

Offer a basic membership @ $25 with the stuff you're offering now... And then add a "Platinum" level @ $50 or something... Where you can get a custom user title... Stars... and / or ... Maybe even an overclockers.com E-mail address?

Just ideas... :)

ETA: $50 with the shirt isn't bad.... $50 after the first 100 get their shirt though I can see being a downer for most.

Last edited:
I would make the suggestion that 50 a year is probably a bit high while we're all talking...

I fully agree, $50 lifetime membership, or $20 yearly and I wouldn't even think twice about it. $50 a year is kind of a put off to me, and at that rate Im more likely to just let the ad's run.

Sorry, it's only a package thing... But its only $4/month, and it could even help lose weight! Skip one trip to the fast food joint each month, and you'll get in shape and have the perks. :D Plus you get a sweet shirt. :)

If you want more PMs, you could be my personal assistant and I'll forward all my PMs to you. :D I have a 4000 PM limit, and I delete all a couple times a year when it fills up.

alrighty il get er done but im gonna have to wait cuz im purchasing all my brass fittings this week, and gosh knows them aint cheap lol but once the rad test rig is up n operational that will be next on the list ;)
hopefully it will be soon enough i get one of the first 100 shirts :D if not il have to buy one anyways ;p

It'd be nice if the "yearly" part were mentioned on the frontpage post and/or first post in this thread.

I was down to buy it when I thought it was a one-time thing (that's how it's presented).
At $50 a year, no thanks.

IMOG is handling all of this, but I'm pretty sure the $50 thing is mostly due to the shirt. It may be wise to consider a lesser, no-shirt option. And/or sell shirts separately too. :)

Back