• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED New Overclockers Premium Membership

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you aren't sure about the price, don't sweat it.

It is $50. If you like it and want a shirt, buy it sooner than later. If the price does not work for you, the same benefits always on the site available to you will continue to be available to you.

Does $20 get more people on premium membership? Yes you are correct. However we'd need 250% more people than go for $50 in order to gain the same amount of support for the forum... And for $20 we couldn't do the shirts at all.

So to clarify, thats the way it is. If you aren't sure about the price, make a decision that is right for you.

One thing I can confirm if it helps make up anybody's mind - shirts will not be sold separately. The shirts are a pain in the neck. I have to order them in the right size for everyone. I have to wait and receive them. I have to package and address them. Take them to the post office. Pay for them and get reimbursed eventually. I'm not getting paid for shipping & handling, and the site making a $1 or $2 margin on tshirts doesn't do anything to support the site. :) With the membership, it actually supports the site, and that's why I'm willing to handle the fulfillment on them. However you can get some old overclockers tshirt designs through caferpess, a tshirt there costs $19, shipped it costs about $25: http://www.cafepress.com/captainslug

How many people have signed UP?

I might be interested if I am still in the top 100.... the benefits don't really interest me. But I am interested in supporting services which I use

We aren't close to hitting 100 now. After it is in the OCF newsletter, I can certainly see a quick spike in users signing up for the premium membership. While it probably won't hit 100 that quickly, it's is hard to say since we haven't done anything like this before.

I'm not sure about this. Sticker shock for me at $49.95, is pretty high.

Also, I'd expect every premium member gets a T-shirt.

I love this place but money is tight. If it was $20 or less you'd already have it. ;)

Long way to go until 100, I'm happy with the number of signups over the weekend though! :)

If you are worried about not getting a Tshirt, I'll be posting and making it very obvious before they might run out. I'd like to think also that we'll extend the Tshirt offer indefinitely, however there is no guarantee I can make that happen.

Is open to the UK and how does the chat app work skype or simular, if so how do you pay from here?

Thanks: I just wish to support the site which i enjoy and have given me so much help.

P.S. OK done that paid my membership just now?

Last edited:
If you aren't sure about the price, don't sweat it.

It is $50. If you like it and want a shirt, buy it sooner than later. If the price does not work for you, the same benefits always on the site available to you will continue to be available to you.

Does $20 get more people on premium membership? Yes you are correct. However we'd need 250% more people than go for $50 in order to gain the same amount of support for the forum... And for $20 we couldn't do the shirts at all.

So to clarify, thats the way it is. If you aren't sure about the price, make a decision that is right for you.

One thing I can confirm if it helps make up anybody's mind - shirts will not be sold separately. The shirts are a pain in the neck. I have to order them in the right size for everyone. I have to wait and receive them. I have to package and address them. Take them to the post office. Pay for them and get reimbursed eventually. I'm not getting paid for shipping & handling, and the site making a $1 or $2 margin on tshirts doesn't do anything to support the site. :) With the membership, it actually supports the site, and that's why I'm willing to handle the fulfillment on them. However you can get some old overclockers tshirt designs through caferpess, a tshirt there costs $19, shipped it costs about $25: http://www.cafepress.com/captainslug

Me Gusta those T-Shirt designs. Wish they were updated a tiny bit more, but the designs are overall pretty good :)

Overclockers Premium Membership

I see this on the front page, but no discussion of it otherwise. Is this a one time thing or a yearly type of thing? Maybe a screenshot of the chat thing and no adverts would be nice too.

Thanks!

IMOG put it in gen hardware intentionally; I think because it gets more traffic then this section does. FWIW.

Ha, as long as no dewars allowed, I wouldn't want to get cryo'ed... :D

Maybe leaving redirects to this thread in high traffic sub-forums and/or putting an announcement at the top of the forum would be better at getting eyes on this :shrug: IMO, this thread does not belong in Gen Hardware since this isn't hardware related at all, and it's definitely community news.

I moved the thread back to gen hardware then back here to leave a 1 month redirect in gen hardware. I didn't know another quick way to do it :rofl:

Maybe that will work for now. Done with the off topic stuff :p

Back