• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Pc, lots of hesitation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A small update, currently waiting for the case and the mobo to be delivered. I can find the Seidon 120v at the same price with Antec Kuhler 650, which one should I be getting? Any experience with one of those b4?

Greece bad economy save money:

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/2352867/Asus-Crosshair-V-Formula-Z.html?keyphrase=crosshair+z

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/2524848/AMD-FX-8350-Box.html

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/4383806/Gigabyte-Radeon-R9-290X-4GB-OC-GV-R929XOC-4GD.html

http://www.skroutz.gr/s/3731583/Samsung-840-Series-Evo-120GB.html

800 euro, thats 100 cheaper then your original and better video then a 970

You can game better and once you get your custom loop you will get a nice OC with that mobo and CPU

Hey Zakarro, thanks for your answer.
100€ for the perfomance margin between the two builds is a price I can live with. I had an AMD build, I really like AMD, but that 8350 won't match the 4690k at gaming, OC'd or not.Now since 290x and 970 cost the same, the 970 is slightly faster so I will stick with the 970 since I'm doing a lot of Photoshoping as well. Besides I already ordered the mobo and the case, I just want an opinion on people that worked with the Seidon 120v or Antec 650 or both!

Hey Zakarro, thanks for your answer.
100€ for the perfomance margin between the two builds is a price I can live with. I had an AMD build, I really like AMD, but that 8350 won't match the 4690k at gaming, OC'd or not.Now since 290x and 970 cost the same, the 970 is slightly faster so I will stick with the 970 since I'm doing a lot of Photoshoping as well. Besides I already ordered the mobo and the case, I just want an opinion on people that worked with the Seidon 120v or Antec 650 or both!

Yes at low resolution the intel will win but assuming your running at least 1080p you wont see a difference barely. And besides that 970 costs more if im not mistaken and not much better. You can overclock the 8350 very well with custom water and that motherboard, your original motherboard seems to be mATX which I doubt has the power capabilitys of a CHZ. I have one myself and am more then impressed with this board. Already did initial tests and got 5ghz out of box, just have to stabilize, my goal is 5.2 ghz

The Seidon will be better, but I would take a good air cooler over any single radiator AIO.

I would take a good air cooler over any single radiator AIO.

+1

This ACX I got is better then my previous AIO and dont get me started on Xigmatek Dark Knight that thing was the best friggen air cooler I ever had, a shame I sold it. Yes Im an idiot cause now the only way to get one is on ebay for 70 bucks when they were 40 before brand new

The Seidon will be better, but I would take a good air cooler over any single radiator AIO.

I just need something low profile and reliable until I get my loop together.. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Did some digging and it seems like if the Seidon could compete with the 212 EVO. Idle temps were pretty much the same, but on a 4,6GHz 3570k the Seidon was keeping it 59°C while EVO was like 63-64 (20 minutes at P95)

Last edited:
The 212 EVO is just a good budget air cooler.

You'll get better performance for the money with something like the NH-D14 than any single radiator AIO

Ihad ignored you but I made this exception, the definition of low profile means low space meaning not tall like my ACX for example and the evo is short compared to that.

The EVO is a tall tower cooler................

A little update, just recieved my case and the mobo is about to be delivered next week. I was thinking a little bit about the RAM. I don't know if it's compatible, if it's not I was thinking of going 16gb instead of 8gb since I'll be sticking with this build for quite a while. What do you think?

You're fine w 8GB for gaming.

I may have missed it on the first page, but did you look at the Corsair Air 240? Supports matx and mitx and has rubber-grommetted holes for cable management behind the mobo tray (something both the hadron - which I otherwise love - and prodigy - which I don't like - lack).

You're fine w 8GB for gaming.

I may have missed it on the first page, but did you look at the Corsair Air 240? Supports matx and mitx and has rubber-grommetted holes for cable management behind the mobo tray (something both the hadron - which I otherwise love - and prodigy - which I don't like - lack).

Ye i did.. But prodigy fits my taste, even though lots of people hate it! :p

Back