• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SETI member!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

Hi there. I have just installed Boinc and on the SETI homepage it says I am a member of the overclockers.com team. So does this mean I will be classed as a SETI Team Member in these forums instead of just a member? (as it states under my user name). I just want to make sure overclockers gets the credit for my PC's hard work. :santa:

:welcome:

If you go to the User CP screen, theres a "Group Memberships" link on the left side towards the bottom. Just go there and join the SETI group. That should be it. Welcome to the team. But if your a part of the SETI group through BOINC, thats all you need.

There's a thread in the forums about optimizing. Basically, it installing a new program to do the crunching that is optimized for your chip's SSE instructions. It will greatly speed up each workunit's crunching time. At that speed, you'd be able to get workunits done in about 40 minutes.

Welcome to the team =)

You enjoying how much faster the optimized application is over the stock one? Also I'll note that while it takes RAC a while to climb you can check your daily credit at sites like www.setiatwork.com

Yeah, Seen a big improvement. Takes about an hour to do a average WU now. I hope BOINC soon supports CUDA! My RAC is at 593 right now and still rising.

:-/
:welcome:

If you go to the User CP screen, theres a "Group Memberships" link on the left side towards the bottom. Just go there and join the SETI group. That should be it. Welcome to the team. But if your a part of the SETI group through BOINC, thats all you need.

Huh, I was wondering why I was just 'registered'.
Is there a "Forums for Dummies" book? :p

Back