• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New System Build. Looking for your feedback. Starting with CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yup as others already summarized:

high end gaming = i5 3570K

audio/video/7zip/Photoshop/youtube publishing/DVD-BD ripping = FX 8350

And when picking video cards, especially if you have SLI and CrossfireX in mind, make sure the motherboard you're picking supports the one you want to go with.

OC'ing with the XFX isn't hard, you can download Sapphire TRIXX and push the voltage up a little, but depends on which XFX you got because the 1-fan ones don't keep them cool enough if you OC the clock. I have my 7850 set to 1050 clock/1250 mem (1300 mem gets me black artifacts and 1150 clock crashes my PC in BF3).

Yup as others already summarized:

high end gaming = i5 3570K

audio/video/7zip/Photoshop/youtube publishing/DVD-BD ripping = FX 8350

And when picking video cards, especially if you have SLI and CrossfireX in mind, make sure the motherboard you're picking supports the one you want to go with.

OC'ing with the XFX isn't hard, you can download Sapphire TRIXX and push the voltage up a little, but depends on which XFX you got because the 1-fan ones don't keep them cool enough if you OC the clock. I have my 7850 set to 1050 clock/1250 mem (1300 mem gets me black artifacts and 1150 clock crashes my PC in BF3).
You may wnat to read the whole thread... :thup: :grouphug:

DL an overclocking program like Saphhire Trixx, MSI Afterburner, HIS iTurbo and see if you have voltage control abilities.

Well the default voltage on my XFX 7850 is 1.210 and I'm able to push the voltage up to 1.225, but you do need to use Sapphire TRIXX, not sure if there's any other apps that will do it but MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision won't. I use MSI Afterburner myself because it's the best tool for monitoring.
gpu-vcore.png

This is the build now.

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) Motherboard
LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Black - OEM
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 3770K 3.50GHz Socket LGA1155 - Retail.
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive - Retail
Corsair Gaming Series GS700 - 700 Watt 80 PLUS ® Bronze Power Supply - 2013 Edition
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000 C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit
MSI AMD Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III OC BE 3GB GDDR5 2 Game Offer

Jesus that's pricey lol.
Though it does look good.
I was looking at the NTXT, about £30 cheaper at £110. Still expensive I thought. But I don't know much about cases...

Back