• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new temp help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tungureanu

(Russian) Member
after 3-4 hours of hard grime on the cpu in hwmonitor shows up a new reading TMPIN2. i did not have this 1 week ago :facepalm:. can someone clarify what it means?

Attachments

• Capture562.JPG
    Capture562.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 53
I have to same board and HWMonitor gives me a -128 Deg reading. Damn my water cooling is working well. :) I basically ignore that reading.

There has been allot of talk at times about TMPIN2 ..... to this date I can't remember anyone ever beeing able to say what it is and for the most part it is ignored. Think of it like this if something was that hot you would be able to smell it and probably see it glow.

If a sensor is not being used on that register it will read trash values. Same goes when temperatures are out of normal working range. (Usually -30 to +XXX)
If you ever get ridiculous values (over 100c) and nothing is burning then there's no issue.

Back