• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New water cooling pics!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
are the fans screwed to the rad? They work better when there's more space between them and the rad so the dead spot in the middle diminishes.

I love the Stacker. My next case will either be that or the Praetorian. I have a Chaintech Full Tower Matrix right now.

You might want to change the tubing so the pump outlet goes to the CPU block not the GPU block.

it does matter. Pumps have operating temps. So if you go rad - pump - cpu - gpu - rad. You ensure you have the coolest possible temp going into your pump.

Lee_Kay said:
it does matter. Pumps have operating temps. So if you go rad - pump - cpu - gpu - rad. You ensure you have the coolest possible temp going into your pump.
there's about a .5c fluctuation in the loop with a very hot pump & a nice OC. The OP is running a DDC that adds almost no heat to the loop. The order will make VERY little difference.

its not about adding heat to the loop. I had been running my setup since November and I changed my system round this week and I took the time to stip and clean my pump. It had lime deposits on the inside of the pump spindel in just 3 month. That in its self creates heat resistance. I cleaned it all up and put it all back together. But thats still not my point. When you have 60c water going into your pump its not a very effective lubricator and will cause some wear.

Lee_Kay said:
its not about adding heat to the loop. I had been running my setup since November and I changed my system round this week and I took the time to stip and clean my pump. It had lime deposits on the inside of the pump spindel in just 3 month. That in its self creates heat resistance. I cleaned it all up and put it all back together. But thats still not my point. When you have 60c water going into your pump its not a very effective lubricator and will cause some wear.
did you use tap water!?! You should NOT have deposits in your loop at all. I'd also hope that your water isn't 60c... but all this is besides the point. The water temperature in the loop fluctuates very little and order matters very little; it's more important to use the least tubing possible.

Actually I think i have the optimal setup for my temps.
-Pump(MPC-350 minimal heat output)
-Rad(dissipates heat from pump before going to CPU
-CPU(Apogee low restriction good heat transfer)
-GPU(NV-68 great for my 6800Ultra)
& back to the pump.

The second temp readout is for a probe on the inlet of my GPU block, I'm thinking that that temp will do fine for the pump.

Last edited:
RIG RIDER said:
Actually I think i have the optimal setup for my temps.
-Pump(MPC-350 minimal heat output)
-Rad(dissipates heat from pump before going to CPU
-CPU(Apogee low restriction good heat transfer)
-GPU(NV-68 great for my 6800Ultra)
& back to the pump.
Yes, I'd say you do, so by anyone's account you're fine :)

otogrim said:
The way you have things set up looks good to me. And I doubt the water in the loop would ever get to 60c.
I've probably hit that before, but it should really never happen. I just hit my fan controller by accident one night and the fan turned off. I woke up to a CPU temp of 113c! The radiator was so hot that it burnt me when I touched it. I'm lucky it didn't melt the tubing or kill the CPU.

Lee_Kay said:
BS.
There is no 60º water going to the pump. What you dont realize is that you can pick any point in the loop, and the water in that part will be less than 1º different than any other point, even if your 2 points are right before and right after the cpu block. You can arrange the components in any order, and they will all still see the same temp water.

I dont know what coolant you were using to get lime deposits but 6 months in and I have no deposits. Were you using distilled?

Back