• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg and the OCZ SSD problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is your concern, right?:
What concerns me is that the Egg is still using the original specs associated with the new SSDs.

How is this newegg's fault/why is this a concern for newegg considering the specs are directly from OCZ...(feel free to reread my post)? Again does newegg fudge numbers so less people are dissapointed? I dont get their 'moral' obligations you feel they should have, sorry.

EDIT:
If not to criticize Newegg, then I don't really see the purpose of this thread. Yes it's come to our attention that the speeds and capacities are not as printed by OCZ, and this is misleading. But as a reseller, Newegg effectively lists what OCZ tells them to. They don't have the facility to come up with their own specs, and I'm sure when OCZ updates it, we'll see the result on Newegg as well. Sure they could post some kind of warning about this, but as a reseller you don't want to be alienating your suppliers, nor are you responsible for the accuracy of their specs.

A quick check on google products shows that no e-tailer has made any changes to the specs of these drives...
Exactly...why singling out newegg, or any retailer of this product is just not hitting me for some reason.

If not to criticize Newegg, then I don't really see the purpose of this thread. Yes it's come to our attention that the speeds and capacities are not as printed by OCZ, and this is misleading. But as a reseller, Newegg effectively lists what OCZ tells them to. They don't have the facility to come up with their own specs, and I'm sure when OCZ updates it, we'll see the result on Newegg as well. Sure they could post some kind of warning about this, but as a reseller you don't want to be alienating your suppliers, nor are you responsible for the accuracy of their specs.

A quick check on google products shows that no e-tailer has made any changes to the specs of these drives...

This is your concern, right?:

How is this newegg's fault/why is this a concern for newegg considering the specs are directly from OCZ...(feel free to reread my post)? Again does newegg fudge numbers so less people are dissapointed? I dont get their 'moral' obligations you feel they should have, sorry.

EDIT: Exactly...why singling out newegg, or any retailer of this product is just not hitting me for some reason.

I feel and felt they should be aware of problems since I bought it from them. Some issues they can solve and some they can't.

The initial post was early in the discussion that a problem existed and it wasn't even clear what if any part Newegg should take. After discussion with the rep it was clear (see earlier post in thread) they had discussions with OCZ and after that there wasn't much they could do. Time has moved on and things do evolve as new info comes into play.

These forums are for discussing issues and there can be different sides and discussions WILL EVOLVE over time. Particularly those that don't involve technical topics where positions may change. That is what has happened here.

Thanks for forums 101! :p

On a serious note, I was watching this thread evolve. I guess some got it prior to seeing that discussion with newegg is all. :)

Thanks for forums 101! :p

On a serious note, I was watching this thread evolve. I guess some got it prior to seeing that discussion with newegg is all. :)

I think you are absolutely right. As the length of the threads increases (and this is a relatively short one), folks tend to skip a few posts (I'm guilty I know :chair:). That may have happened here but it will also happen again. We can only do our best, many thanks for your comments since they help to focus.

Back