• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next level, Overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All bios settings usually are in incrments. Whatever the Vcore is now...raise by two increments and test. All this stuff including the Annotated bios shot came from your motherboard manual I downloaded from the Gigabyte website. FYI.

I use Firefox and I can right click and choose view image and see it Larger Size. RGone...

Attachments

• Gig 990FX UD3.jpg
    Gig 990FX UD3.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 22
All bios settings usually are in incrments. Whatever the Vcore is now...raise by two increments and test. All this stuff including the Annotated bios shot came from your motherboard manual I downloaded from the Gigabyte website. FYI.

I use Firefox and I can right click and choose view image and see it Larger Size. RGone...

Bad news, my bios settings are not incremental at all. Even when I put in 9.33 on my RAM to make it 1866 is non-incremental. What should I put +v?

Volts Up Volts Down...

Look at the 'capture' put with my post above. Look halfway between my two green outlines. Almost dead-center left to right. See that notation that says +/- PU/PD Value? That usually means as you high-light an adjustable setting then use the + / - , Plus / Minus keys to raise with a + or lower the value with the - minus key. And they will increment then. But it could mean use the Page Up key to increment up and the Page Down key to increment down. But one of those two methods should increment the Value up or down at the chosen menu area.

A user not knowing much about his own board, often makes it a test of sanity to help out on overclocking. Most of us have 'our' board and never will ever see many of the boards we help with. We have to rely on good motherboard manuals and often actual pics taken by the user of his bios.

I am quite familiar now with using the + / - keys on my Asus board. Other boards I had before Asus did not use + / - keys to increase or decrease the value. I had to learn what was what. Not sure from my keyboard and only a pic of bios from a motherboard manual which moves up the value be it + key or Page UP key but it should be easy to find out which set works. Try it.

When you set System Voltage Control to Manual, the greyed-out values below should then show a value and certainly a value should be there when you actually get to the menu item you wish to change. RGone...

Look at the 'capture' put with my post above. Look halfway between my two green outlines. Almost dead-center left to right. See that notation that says +/- PU/PD Value? That usually means as you high-light an adjustable setting then use the + / - , Plus / Minus keys to raise with a + or lower the value with the - minus key. And they will increment then. But it could mean use the Page Up key to increment up and the Page Down key to increment down. But one of those two methods should increment the Value up or down at the chosen menu area.

A user not knowing much about his own board, often makes it a test of sanity to help out on overclocking. Most of us have 'our' board and never will ever see many of the boards we help with. We have to rely on good motherboard manuals and often actual pics taken by the user of his bios.

I am quite familiar now with using the + / - keys on my Asus board. Other boards I had before Asus did not use + / - keys to increase or decrease the value. I had to learn what was what. Not sure from my keyboard and only a pic of bios from a motherboard manual which moves up the value be it + key or Page UP key but it should be easy to find out which set works. Try it.

When you set System Voltage Control to Manual, the greyed-out values below should then show a value and certainly a value should be there when you actually get to the menu item you wish to change. RGone...

Good news, I was using +/- next to the backspace and it was not working. But the other -/+ worked. I am at 1.452v on Vcore and after 20min Prime95 test its stable at 4.5GHz. Also more good news, I don't know if its a glitch in my boards BIOS or not however, if I bumped the manual option on my RAM's frequency up I get a boot failure but if I used the "Extreme profile" option on "Profile 1" then it bumps it up to 1866 just fine without boot failure. Questin though, when I was testing I noticed that the voltage jumped between 1.356 - 1.464 as well as the clock was jumping between 4.5GHz - 4.1GHz. Is this normal? Also I am pretty sure I've turned off all the 'green' options on my board.
Edit: HWmonitor and CPUz pics

Attachments

• hw3.PNG
    hw3.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SPD3.PNG
    SPD3.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 13
  • mem3.PNG
    mem3.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
  • cpu3.PNG
    cpu3.PNG
    17.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
You write >> when I was testing I noticed that the voltage jumped between 1.356 - 1.464 as well as the clock was jumping between 4.5GHz - 4.1GHz. Is this normal?

Answer >> Normal IF you do not have Cool N Quiet disabled. Do not have C1E disabled. If you do not APM Disabled. Etc for the 'green settings' in bios. And another I just thought of which is TurboCore boost mode must be disabled. Otherwise some of that stuff is trying to go faster and other of it is trying to go slower and the voltages and speeds are all over the Freeeeken place.

Back