• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no boot with hyper-threading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil T C

service pack 2 screws up my pc, i have come to accept this fact after three formats :rolleyes:

i have recently done a fresh install and everything has been running fine, however(you knew that was coming eh?) i turned my pc on tonight and windows refused to load, kept on hanging on the second pass of the loading bar.

after much fiddling in safe mode and in the bios i discovered that its only when i have hyper-threading enabled, any ideas?

ps: as i write this i have just found out that i cant access my hotmail account, it loads but then instantly loads another lot of screens about spyware, iv ran a couple of spyware checks but its still happening, i aint daft enough to click on the links that appear so thats not the prob.

edit: i just accessed my email through the AOL browser, its only through explorer/msn messenger link that this happens

why is nothing in life simple, i only wanted a quick game of HL2 lol

that doesnt really answer any of my questions.

i dont want SP2 on my pc, it screws my internet connection, also for all thats in it i think its a pack of sh*t. service pack one runs fine and i have no problems with it so thats what im gonna use.

i want to know why the pc hangs when loading windows with hyperthreading enabled when it never used to

Back