• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure if my overclocking Phenom II X6 1055T is okay or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In this past month after overclocking, I find that my PC is a bit unstable these days (BSOD etc), so what is the recommendation for me to fix the unstability? Raise the voltage? Help is appreciated!

Probably the best thing to do first is to run Prime 95 in blend mode to see if there seems to be a hardware issue that 'might' be cured by increasing voltages.

You really need to check the BSODs for their error code as the error code may point to the problem area.

:eh?:
In this past month after overclocking, I find that my PC is a bit unstable these days (BSOD etc), so what is the recommendation for me to fix the unstability? Raise the voltage? Help is appreciated!

As RG said, give us what BSOD errors you are getting.

I would be hard pressed to increase your voltage due to your temps.. Still suggesting a better cooler

Yea I forgot to mention that I have installed Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO cooler in the past month. So my temperature has gone down a bit. But it is just a bit unstable, unfortunately I didn't get the error from BSOD, I will get it next time it happens. But is there anything I should try in meantime?

Yea I forgot to mention that I have installed Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO cooler in the past month. So my temperature has gone down a bit. But it is just a bit unstable, unfortunately I didn't get the error from BSOD, I will get it next time it happens. But is there anything I should try in meantime?

Can you give me a run down of the following:

CPU Frequency:
NB Frequency:
FSB Frequency:

Core Voltage:
NB CPU Voltage (Not Chipset):
RAM Frequency / timings:
RAM Voltage:

Your BSOD could be something silly, like your RAM needs a voltage bump. It could also be something terrible like you got a poorly binned chip.

Sorry for being newbie, how do you actually get voltage reading. With BIOS, tool or?

Other info:
CPU Frequency: 3500MHz (x14)
NB Frequency: 2000MHz (x8)
FSB Frequency: 250MHz

Thanks for the help

Sorry for being newbie, how do you actually get voltage reading. With BIOS, tool or?

Other info:

Thanks for the help

You can use your BIOS, that'll give us a base number.

Your NB could definitly be set higher.. If your temps are a bit too high, this is an alternative way to increase performance with a very minimal increase to temps

So here are my info:

Core Voltage: 1.344V
NB CPU Voltage (Not Chipset): 1.1V
RAM Frequency / timings: 9 9 9 24
RAM Voltage: 1.504V

So you reckon I can increase my NB by how much? And do I need to set my HT also then to be the same?
Thanks again for the help

The same page...

"honam" this is the orignal title to this thread >> Not sure if my overclocking Phenom II X6 1055T is okay or not << You had just jumped the FSB to 250 x 14 and were asking if that was okay. You must not have known exactly what you were doing or you would not have begun a thread like that.

Then just as 'trents' was beginning to try and help you to stability, someone else with a similar cpu jumped in and hi-jacked your thread and talked about his crap. As you last left off writing you had finally posted an HWMonitor capture showing that your temps were WAY TOO HIGH on both CPU temp and CPU CORE Temps and 'trents' suggested you get some cooling and you posted link and asked him what to buy for a better cpu cooler.

It seems you bought a CM 212 cooler and changed it and began to use it but you never actually determined system stability. Now you write that you are a little unstable. I do not doubt that at all since you never gave reference that you were previously stable.

I would NOT start chasing CPU/NB for 'more' performance until you get stable. Here is where we get you and us on the same page of the book.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

These guys helping you are great some of them helped me out when I first got an am3 proc. I have a recommendation though... Have you considered shutting down 2 of your cores to reduce heat? I am not even sure if it works that way on your chip or not. I had a 960t that ended up stable at 3.9GHz x6 @1.392v that was on water but before I WC'd it I had a hyper 212 and I couldn't enable all 6 cores and hit 4ghz because it was just too hot.

Maybe yours doesn't work that way but if it does it might be a good idea. I never really saw any performance gains from the 6 cores especially since all I do is game.

Back