• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC help with my E6750 ( need help keeping it stable)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

Hi guy's well i got bored and i was screwing with my clocking's and wanted to get it stable at 3.6 GHZ and have my ram at 1080mhz in dual channel.

so far with the settings (pictures below) im able to boot into windows fine. i run Orthos (Large FFTs or Blend) and it will last about 8 mins then ill get an error on one of the cores.

same with Prime 95. with small FFTs it lasted half an hour. i ended it to test the large FFTs and blend tests.

i would like to tweak my settings (voltage or clockings) to get this stable for gaming and ripping blu ray movies to MKV files (takes me a good 12 hours to encode them in 1080P mkv files so needs to be stable

I have 4 Dimm's (1GB Dimm) of this ram. for refferance of what stock should be)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145043

here are my settings. lmk what you guys think

clockings.jpg

1022726.jpg

Notice here that 1:1 ratio is 900Mhz but my ram is 1066? am i just reading something wrong here? this is not the setting i have now i just took this picture to ask if the ram is being read right or not
1022727.jpg

Current voltages
1022729.jpg

What my monitor voltage says
1022730g.jpg

and my CPU settings
1022724.jpg

Is the system Memtest86+ stable for 10 complete passes? With 4 x 1GB sticks of RAM installed you may need to increase vMCH from 1.25 to around 1.3 - 1.35v. And w/ the chip having such a high VID of 1.35v, you may need to increase the Vcc past the current 1.46v (check the Vcore reading in CPU-Z while running Prime to measure Vdrop / Vdroop) for a 1GHz OC. Also post a pic. w/ MemSet open showing all of the current sub-timings, and possibly a BIOS pic. showing what timings are available to adjust.

Is the system Memtest86+ stable for 10 complete passes? With 4 x 1GB sticks of RAM installed you may need to increase vMCH from 1.25 to around 1.3 - 1.35v. And w/ the chip having such a high VID of 1.35v, you may need to increase the Vcc past the current 1.46v (check the Vcore reading in CPU-Z while running Prime to measure Vdrop / Vdroop) for a 1GHz OC. Also post a pic. w/ MemSet open showing all of the current sub-timings, and possibly a BIOS pic. showing what timings are available to adjust.

can i run memtest86+ off a usb flash drive? or must it be on a cd/floppy disk?

also i will post pictures of memory settings (bios) tomorrow sometime. If i recall when going though the bios yesterday. i think i have it set to Auto for everything.

Yes Memtest86+ can be run from a flash drive, just download the Pre-Compiled EXE file for USB Key (Pure DOS).

I would first suggest that you dial the mem speed back to the 2:1 setting in bios so it runs at the cpu effective fsb speed for now. That way you can make sure you have the processor nice and stable at 3.6 first before you try cranking up the mem speed. But the Memtest86 run still needs to be done with the ram at 450 MHz too. Leave the ram timings loose and make sure it can run Memtest86 without errors at 450 fsb, then go and see if you can get the cpu stable with Prime95. Once you have the proc nice and stable, work on your memory speeds and timings to fine tune the system.

I just bumped the E6750 system in my sig up to 3.6 yesterday evening after changing out the hsf to something that deals with heat better than an Intel hsf. This is a system I put together out of spare/RMA parts I had around for our Seti Gauntlet competition we having going right now. I have the processor nice and stable at 3.6 but I still have the ram running loose timings since the ram in it is a hodge podge of 2 different sets of Ballistix crap that had a stick die in each of the kits and I want the ram to last for a few more weeks for the gauntlet.

hey guys, im on my laptop and messing around with settings

i turned down the memory clocking to 1:1 (its 900mhz dual 450 single channel) on the mixed and high FFT it lasted about 15-20 minutes until cpu #0 fails. it lasted much longer than it did with the memory at 1080 mhz dual

i have yet to run memtest86+ I going to find the DOS version now and load it to my thumb drive.

as for memory clockings in the bios this is was its set to

1022731.jpg

if you go though the link that i posted in the OP (newegg link) it will say the original ram timing. i think its 8 8 8 24 but positive.
anyways, im going to go load up memtest to my flash drive. ill also post up a picture of memset in a minute in this post.

here is memset settings
memsetsettings.jpg

Last edited:
ok i just upped the ddr2, the VTT and MCH voltage shown below but weired thing happens. before changing these settings and after Core#0 fails in prime95 (but not the core#1?) also the CPU vcore voltage is set to 1.480 but when running prime95 it drops to 1.45-1.46 (keeps going back and forth between these two) i guess thats the Vdroop at work? how can i get this stable or did i hit a wall?

1022734.jpg

You have to raise the CPU voltage, it will get hotter so have proper cooling before you do so.. gl:bang head

Back