• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCF takes out the US leg of the Gigabyte Overclocking Events

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The big ones are all invitationals. Tom's was only somewhat, as the were accepting nominations for the better part of a year, before selecting and inviting a few...

Last year was a good year for us, one I will not soon forget.

OCF Members took out 1st and 2nd at the US leg of the Gigabyte comp, with a total of 5 of our members making it that far.
Another member won the Downunder Gigabyte comp in Oz.
3 members made it to the Gigabyte world finals in Taiwan (and a great time was had by all).
1 member taking part in the MSI world finals in Taiwan.
4 members took part in the US leg of the Tom's hardware comp, with 1 member on the winning team, and 3 on the team that came 2nd.
With the winning member going onto win the world finals in Paris, France with his other team mates.
We took out both Forum Wars last year, making it 3 in a row.
And another member made it all the way to 2nd in the hwbot world rankings!

I think it's fair to say, we hold our own :)

very fair... so any younger OCF members, you guys all look like you should be retiring soon ;) ;) ;), or they havent learned the jedi ways yet.....

It will soon be time for this year's round of competitions to start too. I see FW is already around the corner (I think I have to sit this one out though :(). GOOC 2009 is in the works too and the US regional is tentatively planned for early April this time. That timing might be a problem for me, but I'm going to try not to let it ;)

Oh, I missed one.

One of our members also took part at the Asus finals in HongKong.

How do you guys get into these competitions? Do you have to be invited? You guys are epic overclockers.

Some are invitational, other you will need to bench at home and enter a score to see if you make it in to a heat, and then it goes on from there.
You can become "known" and be asked to part of a team that is already going.

If you are keen to take part in these kinds of things one day, bench for us, do your very best and when opportunities arrise grab them with both hands.
But they are never going to come to you if your not involved.

Benching for OCF at Forum Wars is a good place to start.

very fair... so any younger OCF members, you guys all look like you should be retiring soon ;) ;) ;), or they havent learned the jedi ways yet.....

One of my jedi masters here, is all most half my age :eek:

It will soon be time for this year's round of competitions to start too. I see FW is already around the corner (I think I have to sit this one out though :(). GOOC 2009 is in the works too and the US regional is tentatively planned for early April this time. That timing might be a problem for me, but I'm going to try not to let it ;)

You better make it, it would be great to see you guys again :)

Sno is in the new CPU magazine...

EDIT: Sorry you can't see the whole paragraph where it mentions sno. Here it is, the pic was with it so I thought it was both of them in the pic.

If you see Jeremiah “miahallen” Allen, give the award-winning overclocker the patriotic salute. He is representing North America at Gigabyte’s 2009 Open Overclocking Championship in Taipei during Computex with $5,000 and prizes at stake. Allen topped about a dozen other North American regional finalists competing near Los Angeles in late April where overclockers ran Super PI (Allen posted a 1:30:969 score) and 3DMark06 after overclocking their rigs as highly as possible. Jeremy “sno.Icn” Clifton, who finished second overall, posted the best overall 3DMark06 score, charting 10486 in SM3.0/HDR for a 24869 overall mark. Competitors were supplied a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P board, Intel Core i7-965 Extreme, Gigabyte GV-N26OC-896H-B GeForce GTX 260 cards, Kingston KHX16000D3K3/3GX DDR3 memory, 80GB Intel X25-M SSD, and Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W PSU for competition. Dry ice and liquid nitrogen were the coolants of choice.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=606682

Last edited:
attachment.php

Congrats guys!

Back