• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing FX6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One thing I've noticed on my CHV-z, is that the LLC might seem to be slightly different than CHV.
Believe I've read that RGone was using "High" on his CHV, as that were giving him the vcore values he has sat in BIOS.

On my CHV-z, "High" gives me lower values. CPU-Z shows me it keeps jumping between 1.3928V - 1.404V, while I've sat it at 1.425V in BIOS.
Though on "Ultra High" it gives me the correct value.
"Extreme" gave me 1.46V while I sat it on 1.425V in BIOS.

"Oysti82", not sure about CHV to CHV-z and the design of and workings of the LLC. I will say that IF one LLC value will hit dead-on then I myself would be using it no matter what someone else used in their configuration.

I have a friend with more than one CHV and they all use the same processor whatever that is at the time. Only 1 of the three act 'identical' to the way my board acts.

I always thought computer parts were built to all be the same. I think now the specs are pretty wide. Hehehe.

We generally say to joe six pack to keep CPU or Socket type temp to about 70c and CPU Core/Packge temps to about 60c. Each person has paid for their own parts and so if they want to inch up on a temp, that surely is their business. Besides if you have a part that is primed for electron migration, all bets are off anyway. It will fail if pushed hard. That does not happen often with today's pretty good pieces but it is a fact of life.
RGone...

Back