• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ phase kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

Does anyone know when this thing is suppose to come out? I have searched all over and can't find much on it. I have known about this thing for several months and they still must be creating it or something.

Last I heard they are having problems with packing it for shipping right now. Apparently the units are breaking/losing their charge in shipment.

Its starting to look more and more like vaporware every passing week.

avalanche83 said:
OMG. Lmfao. Ya really. That makes alot of sense. They can create a phase unit but can't create a box to ship them in.

nor can vapochill i have had 2x units from them both were damaged

ocz will have to get these things from china and i very much dought it can be done period unless they hand deliver it to ya door them selves

greenmaji said:
wooden crate maybe?

It is not the external packing that is the problem the compressors rip them selves from there mounting when thrown around buy the handling company
This puts pressure on the pipe work and gas gets out

It’s like having a brick in a box and shaking it

Vapo try to get round this by using fixing bolts that hold the comp in position during shipping but these do not always hold

It only takes one guy to drop a unit on its end and the shear weight of the comp
Moves all the internals and stress the lot

The only way I could see it being done would be to have packing inside the casing supporting the comp or have all the parts made in china/India and then ship to the US for assembly

Well I won't expect this thing being out aytime soon with this kinda BS that they are having problems with. I was kinda getting my hopes up for a soon realease but it doesn't look like it.

avalanche83 said:
Well I won't expect this thing being out aytime soon with this kinda BS that they are having problems with. I was kinda getting my hopes up for a soon realease but it doesn't look like it.

imagine the nightmare they would have if 5% of their units showed up broken. it's not BS.

avalanche83 said:
Ya I know. They should just ship the way other companies do. It works out for them it should work out for OCZ.
Thats just it. The other companies have problems too. Mimicing them will not solve the problem.

It has nothing to do with the companies making the units, it's the carrier's who don't handle them correctly. My Baker unit was in a wooden crate, a damn well made one I might add and UPS still managed to break the condensor off it's mounting. Fedex also trashed a Mach I I sent to So Cal for mod's twice. It was sent inside the pristine original Mach I box that they used to ship it over from Europe, you should see what it looks like now :rolleyes:

They should use High Density foam inserts inside the case, wouldnt allow any play and would fix the problem. When you get your box you take it appart slide out the foam, put panels back on and fire it up...... Simple.

-aDaM^ said:
They should use High Density foam inserts inside the case, wouldnt allow any play and would fix the problem. When you get your box you take it appart slide out the foam, put panels back on and fire it up...... Simple.

I agree, this packaging stuff strikes me as bs

Having the end-user opening it up to remove foam invites all sorts of problems...you know there's going to be Joe Blow user who sees something important, thinks it's for "packaging" and pulls it out, destroying the entire thing.

ummmm i cant imagine too many joe sixpacks ordering anykind of phase unit ... as for packaging ... yeah that is complete bs ... its really not that difficult ... just lazy

greyharte said:
ummmm i cant imagine too many joe sixpacks ordering anykind of phase unit ...

The OCZ unit will be bought by many "Joe sixpacks" if they do manage to somehow meet the pricepoint of <$300 (which I still dont think they will). At that price it is worth buying the unit for braging rights alone even if you do not OC.
greyharte said:
as for packaging ... yeah that is complete bs ... its really not that difficult ... just lazy

Are you serious? Your calling OCZ lazy? Care to explain that comment?

How many phase-units have you shipped across the country to people? Maybe you should PM Chilly1 or PCIce and ask them how many of their units get damaged in shipping. Do you know how much a compressor weighs? Try keeping that secure to your base as it gets tossed and flipped countless times. Eventually something is bound to move around in the box and thats when your lines break.

Also keep in mind that OCZ is trying to figure a way to pack each unit so that shipping does not cost $100 per.

You guys cant have your cake and eat it too.

Back