• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Official AMD Ryzen 3 Vermeer (4***/5***) Rumors and Discussion Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
https://www.guru3d.com/news_story/i..._would_make_ddr4_4000_possible_for_zen_3.html

Rumors that IF (Infinity Fabric) could stay 1:1 up to 2000mhz (aka DDR4-4000). Will remain to be seen at launch and will be looking forward to our trusted reviewers to put that to the test to see when it decouples. Then let us know if there's a new sweet spot in town for memory speeds, or if DDR4-3600/CL16 is the place to be.

It's just that this leak (all websites have the same source) says that Ryzen 5000 IF will work at 2000MHz (DDR4-4000) the same as Ryzen 3000 works at 1900MHz (DDR4-3800). So the only problem which I see here is that most of my tested Ryzen 3000 including about 13-14 chips in total (3600/3600X/3700X/3900X) couldn't work stable at DDR4-3800 1:1. The same report many other users around the web. In other words, it suggests that we get all ... 1-2 ratios more what means nothing as if it's true then most users will end at DDR4-3800/3866 when now most can run memory at DDR4-3600-3733 1:1.
I hope it's not true and we get something more than 3800-4000 1:1. If leaks that I seen are true then I guess I will stay with my 4650G as I find it better in many ways ... but that's me and I won't use it for daily gaming or work. My gaming PC is always 1-2 generations behind.

The prices make me concerned. Is this going to be another FX60-like moment?!

Maybe I'm off my hinges, so that's why I'm gonna let AMD go off the hook for the moment. :rofl:

If the prices were for the same commensurate count on the equivalent Intel core count mainstream chips, I would agree the prices are a little steep.

But the prices really aren't out of line in my opinion for cpus that straddle the consumer and HEDT classes. Once you factor in the huge number of cores the platform provides and still is able to hit the high gaming class core clock of 5 Ghz, then I say the prices are not out of line.

I purchased my 3900X and 3950X, not for gaming which I don't do, but for the compute crunching of BOINC distributed computing. You just can't get the production out of any Intel cpu that the Zen2 and Zen3 cpus provide. The only way to get the same number of cores in Intel cpus for the same price, you have to purchase used, several generation old Xeon server chips and a dual socket server motherboard. And the clocks will not even be close compared to what the Zen cpus provide and the reduction in compute times.

I agree Keith. I don't always use multi-core, but when I do It's nice to have AMD!

The prices make me concerned. Is this going to be another FX60-like moment?!

Maybe I'm off my hinges, so that's why I'm gonna let AMD go off the hook for the moment. :rofl:
I thought pricing was listed so we know already what it will be?

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ($800)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ($550)
AMD Ryzen 9 5800X ($450)
AMD Ryzen 9 5600X ($299)

In Intel Mainstream land, 10c/20t is the flagship @ $549... which you get a 12c/24t part for in AMD land. Doesn't seem anything like the FX-60, though prices did go up from 3000 series. :thup:

You have to remember back when Intel released the i9-7980xe. It was listed with a MSRP $2000, it was replaced with the i9-9980xe also @ $2000. It wasn’t until the release of the i9-10980xe that the rice DROPPED to $1000, all because AMD had something competitive.
Overclocking Intel is more enjoyable but AMD currently gives you the best increase for the smallest OC..

I thought pricing was listed so we know already what it will be?

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ($800)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ($550)
AMD Ryzen 9 5800X ($450)
AMD Ryzen 9 5600X ($299)

In Intel Mainstream land, 10c/20t is the flagship @ $549... which you get a 12c/24t part for in AMD land. Doesn't seem anything like the FX-60, though prices did go up from 3000 series. :thup:

I was comparing their 8c/16t offerings. Makes me see a potential slip-up that causes Intel to pass AMD. If new games don't require more than 6c/12t, then it looks like we can hold through.

I was comparing their 8c/16t offerings. Makes me see a potential slip-up that causes Intel to pass AMD. If new games don't require more than 6c/12t, then it looks like we can hold through.
Oh.. good to know. Consider mentioning what you were talking about in the post.. :p

Anyhoo, along with the 8c/16t part, the 10600K is $260 MSRP, so their (presumably faster) chip will be $299... also more expensive.

Oh.. good to know. Consider mentioning what you were talking about in the post.. :p

Anyhoo, along with the 8c/16t part, the 10600K is $260 MSRP, so their (presumably faster) chip will be $299... also more expensive.

Unless AMD have supply issues I would expect price drops after a few months like all previous Ryzen’s. The reason I would say this is that the 5600 is rumoured to cost $220, which is a big difference to the 5600x

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...zen-5-5600-rumoured-to-release-in-early-2021/

I cannot see them maintaining an $80 price difference as everyone would just get the 5600. That in turn I would guess would bring the other SKUs prices down as well?

Unless AMD have supply issues I would expect price drops after a few months like all previous Ryzen’s. The reason I would say this is that the 5600 is rumoured to cost $220, which is a big difference to the 5600x

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...zen-5-5600-rumoured-to-release-in-early-2021/

I cannot see them maintaining an $80 price difference as everyone would just get the 5600. That in turn I would guess would bring the other SKUs prices down as well?

This is the same as with 3600 and 3600X. 3600 sells the best mostly because of the high price difference. The next step is 3700X and again 3800X is not selling so good because of the same, high price difference.
I don't think that AMD will lower prices for next couple of months. There is no competition right now so they don't really have to. Drops will probably be before the next Intel premiere which is expected in maybe 3-4 months (or it can be a paper premiere).

I also wonder how many current Ryzen 3000 users will decide on an upgrade. For most it will be only waste of money but marketing is pushing hard. Performance gain in this case is not translating into a better experience (at least in maybe 95% cases). It's more like bragging rights because of a new toy.

I also wonder how many current Ryzen 3000 users will decide on an upgrade. For most it will be only waste of money but marketing is pushing hard. Performance gain in this case is not translating into a better experience (at least in maybe 95% cases). It's more like bragging rights because of a new toy.
I'll be sticking with my 3900X/B450/RX 5700 XT setup.

I'll be sticking with my 3900X/B450/RX 5700 XT setup.

I’m upgrading to a 3600x/3700x when the prices drop a bit more. Get the last use out of my x370 board and then move onto zen4 and DDR5 when the time comes.

Gonna be upgrading my 5700XT though. Just runs too hot for me. Don’t care which card I upgrade to but I want it less heat than what I have now. Although all the new cards seem to be power hungry these days.

Same here, no reason to upgrade my 3800x but itching to see what AMD has to trade in my 5700xt.

Gonna be upgrading my 5700XT though. Just runs too hot for me. Don’t care which card I upgrade to but I want it less heat than what I have now. Although all the new cards seem to be power hungry these days.
So what is too hot? GPU temp, hot spot? And why does the temp matter to you? Is it noisy?

Back