• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**Official** Team Monkey Challenge Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Seadave...I've got an Idea for the race graph...
To be honest with you, I haven't really used the graph much at all...I think I figured out the reason I don't go to look at it...It just doesn't have enough info to warrent me going there vs. going to EOC...However, I came up with an idea that would make it much more useful (at least for me, I dk about anyone else).

Some stats I'd like to see on it (in no specific order):
- Average PPD for the race
- Total points
- Starting points
- Remaining points
- Total points for the race so far
- Point differance between the two teams (ex. Team 1: +14589 points)
- Last update and comparrison to the other team's
- etc.

I also wrote some code to maybe speed up the process of getting it implimented/saving you some work (it's written in a mixture of c++ and pseudo code cuz it was easiest for me since I'm programming in c at the moment :shrug: ...shouldn't be hard to translate it into whatever language you're using) Comments are prefixed with ' and are green:

'variables:
'Starting points of teams 1 and 2

int iT1SrtPnts;
int iT2SrtPnts;
'Current point total (overall project) for teams 1 and two
int iT1CurPnts;
int iT2CurPnts;
'Team 1 and 2's total points folded for the race so far
int iT1TotPnts;
int iT2TotPnts;
'Holds the Average PPD for each team
double dT1AvgPPD = 0;
double dT2AvePPD = 0;
'Total elapsed time
time tCurTime = current time;
time tSrtTime = 05May06;
int iTotElapsed = 0; 'measured in hours

'Calculate the total points folded in the race for each team
'Formula Total points = current points - starting points

T1TotPnts = T1CurPnts - T1SrtPnts;
T2TotPnts = T2CurPnts - T2SrtPnts;

'calculate average PPD for both teams using the current number of elapsed days and the total points for this race
dT1AvgPPD = T1TotPnts/iTotElapsed; 'calculate average hourly ppd
dT1AvgPPD /= 24; 'divide average hourly ppd by 24 to get daily ppd average
dT2AvgPPD = T2TotPnts/iTotElapsed;
dT2AvgPPD /= 24;

'calculate the points remaining for each team
dT1PntsLeft = iGoal-dT1TotPnts;
dT2PntsLeft = iGoal-dT2TotPnts;

'misc output
cout << "Goal: " << iGoal << " points" << endl;
cout << "Elapsed: " << iTotElapsed << " hours" << endl;
cout << "Start Date: " << tSrtTime << endl;

'output the results
cout << "Team 1 Stats:" << endl;
cout << "Starting points: " << dT1SrtPnts << endl;
cout << "Current points: " << dT1CurPnts << endl;
cout << "Total points folded for the race: " dT1CurPnts << " (current points) - "<< dT1SrtPnts << " (Starting points) = " << dT1TotPnts << endl;
cout << "Average PPD for the race: " << dT1AvgPPD << endl;
cout << "Total points remaining in the race: " << dT1PntsLeft << endl;

cout << "Team 2 Stats:" << endl;
cout << "Starting points: " << dT2SrtPnts << endl;
cout << "Current points: " << dT2CurPnts << endl;
cout << "Total points folded for the race: " dT2CurPnts << " (current points) - "<< dT2SrtPnts << " (Starting points) = " << dT2TotPnts << endl;
cout << "Average PPD for the race: " << dT2AvgPPD << endl;
cout << "Total points remaining in the race: " << dT2PntsLeft << endl;

It's just something I quick through together, I'd work further on it/do it for you in whatever language you're using, however, I really need to finish my homework :D

Fold On! :attn:

Wow, gary is teh awesome giving the code and all! I just learned a tiny bit of c++ and I'm taking that and html in teh fall semseter.

sno.lcn said:
Wow, gary is teh awesome giving the code and all! I just learned a tiny bit of c++ and I'm taking that and html in teh fall semseter.
html is really easy if you actually look at it...All it is is basically formatting code...just like what you do in these forums with the vB code (vBullitian)...If you **** around with it a bit it makes the whole first part of the class a walk in the park...If you'd like, I'd be willing to teach you some c++ and/or html so when you get to class you can pwn everyone (i love doing that :D).

(I enjoy teaching programming, and I don't really have a problem doing it over the interweb :D )

Me too, when I was in the csci 1300 class (the very first one) I pwned everybody in (extremely basic) html and (again, extremely basic) c++ and even picked up a few girls that needed help in the class.
The girls were teh hotness! The would have failed without me I had a 98 for my final grade!

Thanks Gary! I've got many ideas for improving the idea but I have been delaying because I don't want to mess up what I have so far. Especially in the middle of a race. My goals were to make it nicer to look at and incorperate all the things you said plus some others. It's getting a total revamp after this race.

Here's some of the things I want to have.

* People can create their own race
* The things you said
- Average PPD for the race
- Total points
- Starting points
- Remaining points
- Total points for the race so far
- Point differance between the two teams (ex. Team 1: +14589 points)
- Last update and comparrison to the other team's​
* Better looking graph
* Adjustable graph
* Smack talk section
* Better looking and better navigation

So there's big things I want to do with it. And now that I"m out of college for the summer, I'll actually have time to do so.

seadave77 said:
So there's big things I want to do with it. And now that I"m out of college for the summer, I'll actually have time to do so.

Until real life gets in the way. :)

You did a great job with your site, thank you for all that you did. It was great to go to your page and view the race graph. Will you leave that there or will you replace it with the next race?

Each team will get a copy of the graph how they want it and I imagine will be shared with the rest. The site will be taken down and disassembled into little bits and be put back together again for the next version. I've been in database classes the past two days and I can tell you I've been doing things really inefficient. So the next version will be much better.

seadave77 said:
Each team will get a copy of the graph how they want it and I imagine will be shared with the rest. The site will be taken down and disassembled into little bits and be put back together again for the next version. I've been in database classes the past two days and I can tell you I've been doing things really inefficient. So the next version will be much better.

I can't wait to see it!

Rpkole said:
well guys some of yall may remember that 3.2 P4 that i got for free cause it had bent and missing pins well i got them fixed and it works :eek: :eek: and is now FOLDING for the monkeys :D

here is a pic i took while working on it the red dots are the missing pins that i had to fix :mad:

cpufix3sd.jpg
I just thought of something: How the hell do you break that many pins off a chip?
Especially in those spots on the right where there's pins outside of those that are fine?
Personally, I've never bent a pin on a single chip I have owned.

sno.lcn said:
I just thought of something: How the hell do you break that many pins off a chip?
Especially in those spots on the right where there's pins outside of those that are fine?
I dk, ask MeatTehEB :D
He was the previous owner of my 2.0ghz northwood...she's missin' 2 pins, but she still runs like a champ and oc's to high hell too :beer:

But causes pins to break off? They're pretty tough in my experience. I've slightly bent a few but never have I come close to breaking any off.

sno.lcn said:

i got the chip for free from firststaruday so i dont know how the pins came up missing but it was hard as hell to fix

sno.lcn said:
But causes pins to break off? They're pretty tough in my experience. I've slightly bent a few but never have I come close to breaking any off.
I believe he broke them off when taking the hsf off...the thermal paste created a suction and pulled the proccy out of the zif (a semi-common problem w/ heatspreaders + a tiny bit too much thermal paste)...a couple times and pins fall off instead of bending :(

Anyway, to the point of this post :D

Official End of Race Thread

Back