• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok now I am irked..kinda...well hmm ? (XMAS gifts etc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NettieZoom

Hi all! I like everyone else have been running my tail off doing the Xmas thing (Isnt it sick how Xmas is only about the gifts now ?) and thought I had done well getting the hubby a PS3 and a 62" TV.

It seems his sister bought him a Xbox 360. She dropped by to tell me she got him the Xbox and was shocked that I had already got him a PS3. In the end we had a good laugh and figure he can have his choice now and if nothing else we can play them both too LOL

Low and behold I will be damned if he didnt come home last night with a damn Wii tucked under his arm.....
His boss gave him a Wii with a bunch of extras as part of his Xmas bonus this year..my god do we really need 3 systems ? GGGGRRRRR

One thing is really bothering me though... Since when does a sibling buy such an expensive gift like an Xbox360 ? I mean generally we spend $40 per external family member or we group up to buy our parents nicer expensive gifts etc.

My Dad is the Pastor of our local church here and Xmas is just killing him these days so we try to play down the gift side of things as much as we can and all so she cant even give him the gift openly.

I guess I am rambling a bit much, please excuse me it is 6am and I have not had my coffee yet and I really dont want to go to work today lol.

Hi all! I like everyone else have been running my tail off doing the Xmas thing (Isnt it sick how Xmas is only about the gifts now ?) and thought I had done well getting the hubby a PS3 and a 62" TV.

It seems his sister bought him a Xbox 360. She dropped by to tell me she got him the Xbox and was shocked that I had already got him a PS3. In the end we had a good laugh and figure he can have his choice now and if nothing else we can play them both too LOL

Low and behold I will be damned if he didnt come home last night with a damn Wii tucked under his arm.....
His boss gave him a Wii with a bunch of extras as part of his Xmas bonus this year..my god do we really need 3 systems ? GGGGRRRRR

One thing is really bothering me though... Since when does a sibling buy such an expensive gift like an Xbox360 ? I mean generally we spend $40 per external family member or we group up to buy our parents nicer expensive gifts etc.

My Dad is the Pastor of our local church here and Xmas is just killing him these days so we try to play down the gift side of things as much as we can and all so she cant even give him the gift openly.

I guess I am rambling a bit much, please excuse me it is 6am and I have not had my coffee yet and I really dont want to go to work today lol.
No worries about the rambling! :D It helps sometimes.

About the three consoles, depends if he wants to play all three (and has the inputs to do so :D). It is quite comical though that he got all three :p

I don't think you can get angry at your husband because his boss gave him a Wii, when he might not know that his sister and you got him consoles.

Just take back the xbox and get gigantic stuffed panda bears.

I don't think you can get angry at your husband because his boss gave him a Wii, when he might not know that his sister and you got him consoles.

Just take back the xbox and get gigantic stuffed panda bears.

Maybe shes not mad at him, just mad at the coincident.

Your husband is going to be locked away in a room on his own all day lol

All consoles have their share of top exclusive games so it's not like any of them will be a waste.

He is lucky. I bet he will use all three. (But maybe the PS3 more than the 360)

Wow. 62" tv, PS3. Xbox360, Wii...

Say goodbye to your husband, hahah!
But seriously, just join in with him, a lot of the games on those (Especially the Wii) are Co-Op and can be played by two people at the same time. I recommend taking part in his "gaming" it will be good bonding, and a really fun time!

Yeah. Don't worry about taking anything back. Now he doesn't have to worry about missing out on any exclusive games and I can one day beat your husband's *** at Tekken...

And while we're on the subject...

...is his sister single? ;)

Yeah. Don't worry about taking anything back. Now he doesn't have to worry about missing out on any exclusive games and I can one day beat your husband's *** at Tekken...

And while we're on the subject...

...is his sister single? ;)

Well, she is recently divorced from a Doctor that basicly ignored her for 4 years and is starved for attention at the moment LOL.
She did get quite the settlement in the divorce which is why she is giving the higher $$ gifts I guess, still chaps my rear though.

She is a bit of a free spirit now days which could be good or bad depending on your point of view :)

I am the main gamer in the family, The PS3 and TV were more of an attempt at getting him into gaming more since he has not shown alot of interest in gaming on the PC.

Not to mention, if he is off on the PS3 etc he wont come bug me while I asm gaming on my PC LOL.

To the person who said I shouldnt be angry about her getting a console aswell.... I am not mad at her for getting it other then the fact that it makes my gift less unique and the $$ amount she is spending on a family member who wouldnt normally receive such an extravagant gift, I am now in a position where I am semi obligated to respond with a similarly extravagant gift or I will just feel cheap LOL.

Ofcourse the WII from his boss just throws everything even more off kilter now, 1 new console is special, 2 a little much, 3 is just getting kinda ridiculous.

I am seriously considering returning the PS3 and getting something he doesnt have 3 of LOL.

All you have to do now is buy a Nintendo DS to top it off :p

I don't see how you aren't giving him a great gift really, I mean you bought him a 62" TV to enjoy all of these consoles on. Whatever he chooses to play you are the winner because it will always involve your main present :D

well 3 consoles is kinda ridiculous but, hey i wouldn't mind getting 3, and as someone else said he wont miss out on any games then

or you could always sell the wii for some good cash and buy one when they get in stock again, then he wont be overwhelmed by 3 consoles

Uhm, I swear this might be the luckiest guy on earth. If you are hot, that seals it. Tell him to go buy a lotto ticket, NOW.

Well, she is recently divorced from a Doctor that basicly ignored her for 4 years and is starved for attention at the moment LOL.
She did get quite the settlement in the divorce which is why she is giving the higher $$ gifts I guess, still chaps my rear though.

She is a bit of a free spirit now days which could be good or bad depending on your point of view :)

This coincides perfectly with the Team Rainless point of view...

Hmm... So she IS single... How far are "The Boonies" from Chicago? Do you think his sister may be interested in THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN on the Internet?

three consoles is a lot....if your looking to consolidate this generation the wii+360 is supposed to be the combo to have. I mean since no one else gave you an relevant information. I'm a snow skier myself and I'd love to have an extra $400 to put towards gear in addition to the two best consoles this generation and a sweet *** TV. Or maybe sounds gear....a sub woofer, or new speaker setup?

three consoles is a lot....if your looking to consolidate this generation the wii+360 is supposed to be the combo to have. I mean since no one else gave you an relevant information. I'm a snow skier myself and I'd love to have an extra $400 to put towards gear in addition to the two best consoles this generation and a sweet *** TV. Or maybe sounds gear....a sub woofer, or new speaker setup?

What exactly do you MEAN, "no one else gave you relevent information," Jack Tripper?

Her husband's PS2 broke... she's obviously not going to get him ANOTHER PS2 for christmas. As it stands he has all three next gen (sorry, both next gen consoles and a Wii) consoles. Why would she just keep the two that you like? She said he's got a bunch of PS2 games. Maybe he'd play them again maybe he wouldn't... but at least now he has the option... as well as a bluray player.

Now has THAT for relevency Mr. Beach Blanket Bingo? (Sorry... I'm having a hard time coming up with pop culture ski references...)

Back