• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One who kicks catkicker WC'd Kigwin SK-523 Silver Mid-Tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catkicker

Well My wife is getting her own computer build. It was only a matter of time, watching me having fun and enjoying my custom rigs. I'm basically giving her my backup rig thats in my sig.
NF3Ultrad D socket 939 with AGP. The 3500 clawhammer CAA2C 0506BPMW chip noted for awesome overclocks. 1 gig. of OCZ EL Plat. Rev2, 200gig seagate sata II, ATI X800XL. Powered by a Antec 550 TP 2.0
Heres the the way it's currently setup

After a gruelling month or so of looking at computer cases, she decided on this one
Kingwin SK-523 Silver ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Audio and SATA Ports.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1799773&CatId=32

Actually case inteior is pretty nice. 120mm front and rear. and tooless setup

Coler Scheme :eek: PINK UV & PURPLE UV

Front pannel lites will be changed to Pink led's. And of course UV pink sleeving. 120mm case fans will be replaced with clear 120mm fans and sprayed them with this
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=20664&zenid=aa25e4157291e4f58c6b21956fe3acb2
And detail the inside of the case and parts of the motherboard with some of this
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...d=2764&zenid=aa25e4157291e4f58c6b21956fe3acb2

And some purple glowwire for around the case window

Will be using mirror tape on the floor and sides of the case inteior. heres a pic of mirror tape inside a case

Case has a fantastic metalflake finish

front jacks are on side along with built in fan controller and sata HD plugin

Front pannel

Theres a 12" blue cathode in the front door. I'm going to sleeve the actual cold cathode lite with hot pink vinyl film.

This case is TOP QUALITY and a real beauty. It looks quite nice sitting next to the Silver Lian-Li V2000.

WC'ing setup
Danger Den TDX CPU block
MCP355 pump with Alphacool Laing DDC Clear Acrylic Top with 5mm hot pink led.
PrimoChill Typhoon Acrylic-Single 5 1/4 Clear reservoir with 5mm hot pink led.
CoolRad 12T120mm Radiator. painted silver
Masterkleer Tubing 7/16" ID 5/8" OD

Last edited:
HD cage and External 3.5" Drive Bays will be removed so that radiator can be mounted in the lower front of case, and the 200gig sata 2 will be mounted in a coolermaster cooldrive 3, modded pink leds instead of blue

Susan also picked this out for case inteior light setup

http://www.crazypc.com/products/8469S.html

Waiting on the big brown truck. LMAO this time the boxes with computer stuff are for her. I can't wait to giver her the same look I get when I get those packages:clap:

Nice, Nice. Cant wait to see it fully operational. Also Im digging that mirror tape at the bottom of the case. I might have to get some myself now.

DvBoard said:
Where did you find that mirror tape at? That's cool!

Well I don't know if there are any home depot or lowes located on mars. maybe if you stop by Earth you can pick some up at your local hardware store.

What I really need to track down is pink UV dye or fluid for the watercooling.

EDIT: Found some UV additive it suppose to be red
http://www.petrastechshop.com/peg12coaduvr1.html

Last edited:
Deadbot1_1973 said:
Are you going for PINK or PURPLE? If you are going for PINK are you going to swap it out with a white cathode?

I am interested in this project. I've actually eyeballed that case myself.

Yes white cathode with pink vinyl film. Going to be a combination of pink and some purple mixed in.

Deadbot1_1973 said:
After looking at that pic of the door at little more...any reason you couldn't split that sleeving and use some sort of uv reactive film in front. You would end up with pink light in front and purple(UV) in back.

The cold cathode light in the door is blue. I'm going to wrap it with pink vinyl first and see what it looks like. If it looks like cr5ap I have the white cathode to replace it.

OK, but what I meant is do you think it would work to make a "shell" in two halves and use a UV cathode, giving you a pink Uv half in front and the uv of the cathode in the back. Basically the light from it when closed would be pink, when open it would be purple(UV) on the inside. Maybe I'm not saying it quite right, and my photochopping skills suck.

Update. Most of the item ordered have arrived. Still waiting on one order.
Decided to do some DIY cold cathode lighting. Heres the post that gave me the idea
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=927355
So I had Susan track down some translucent vinyl film for our light modding project. Heres what she found, cost her $5.00 bucks at some hole in the wall sign company.

I'm wondering what the inside of the case might look like with this instead of mirror tape:eek:

No it's not UV reactive. I'm still going to see what the inteior area look like with it in the case under lights.
Most of the items are here. I have to work on making up the individual 3mm and 5mm pink led's and do the cold cathode lights. Starting saturday ith a partial teardown of the new case. I finally found some UV red cables that people complained that they were bright pink, and the uv red (pink) sata cable.

Had some time tonite to cleanout the case a bit

had to drill a few rivets out to get the 3.5 cage out. Thats it for power tools on this case.

looking at radiator and pump placement. Keep in mind the pump will have a alpha cool top on it so the pump intake will be on the top of the pump.

Alphacool Laing DDC Clear Acrylic Top

Thats it for now. Tomarrow I have a meeting with a 7950GX2 and a danger den X2 waterblock setup.

Some progress made today. First off let me say I hate the combination of soldering irons and computers. Why? long story and a dead MB.
LED's
custom led wok is becoming a regular with my case projects

1) Getting cables in order.

2) My nice roomy work area

3) Coolermaster cooldrive 3 (Thank's soundx98) Had micro sized blue led's in front of unit. I replaced the micro sized blue leds with 5mm pink led" Had to resize holes in the side of fan for the 5mm led's and a little hot glue to hold them you can see the tiny leds on the silver face plate

TESTING 1,2,3 :)

Some more
Black coolrad radiator with shroud

Since I have removed all 3.5 cages internal and external I needed to convert one 5.25 bay. This is a coolermaster bay converter 5.25 to 3.5

Thats it for now. Been a busy weekend I installed the dangerden GX2 waterblock on my video card and this case work today UGH!
On a side note I'll be posting a full step by step on the danger den GX2 block tomarrow.

I like that res. You gonna be placing it somewhere in easy sight? Hate to say this and bring my manhood into question, but I really like that color combo.

Gotta love the 64 oz coffee mug in the background. You sure it was the fault of the soldering iron in the bad instance you mentioned? I'm thinking shaky hands.:D

Liking it. Keep the updates rolling.

Back