• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Aorus Elite Wi-Fi Refurbished on Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have bought several refurbs from New Egg over the years and never had an issue with any of them I don't think.

Thanks Trents

Hahaha Earthdog. I'm just going to miss the other two years and 7 months warranty

Sure...there's a difference in warranty, but outside of that, it's a refurb...they are supposed to work just like new. ;)

Yes they are and it's tempting at $143. I've just been debating on this board. I see a few issues with it lately. Some could be user error.
Would you say the Artic silver 5 high density is still good paste? It has good reviews.

It's a solid board. Nothing great but eill do just fine.

AS5 is an average thermal paste... perfectly OK to use.

The only time buying a refurb is a bad idea, IMO, is when we are gathering parts over time. All of the parts need to be ready to go so testing for DOA can be done & the 90 days hasn't passed.

The few motherboard failures I have personally experienced either happened out of the box or pretty quickly after the first startup or way past full warranty period.

Whether you are looking at the B550 or X570 version, both boards are nice. They both have good VRM sections to power the CPU. The only negative comment I have toward the X570 Aorus Elite WiFi is the lack of PWM fan headers. It only has two case fan headers & I'd rather see 3 or 4 of them, but splitter cables have made it fine for me. Otherwise, it performs very well with PBO enabled for the CPU and XMP enabled for the RAM.

I noticed it only had two fan headers. I thought that x570 would be better for future zen3 CPUs.
Trying not have to upgrade my board for sometime. Am I wrong about the x570? I also don't need Wi-Fi, more than 2 M.2 slots, or 6 sata. I want the 4.0. 128 GB of RAM is nice if it's ever needed. I like gigabyte but it doesn't have to be that if there's something better. If I get the AORUS I hope that my video card fits over that fan shroud.
Do you know anything about b&h photo video?

There's only one more CPU update for this platform, which will be a 5000 series CPU refresh. I think it is to be released in the first half of '22. AMD's new platform coming in late '22 is a new CPU socket and DDR5 RAM.
I know I'll update my 3800 to a 5000 series at some point and it should be fine for a while. I don't use the WiFi either, but WiFi brings Bluetooth which I do use. Another update I'm planning is a gen 4.0 NVME drive as a primary & the WD SN750 gen 3.0 will move to the 2nd M.2 slot.
No worries with the little chipset fan & shroud. Plenty of room over it.
B&H Photo is a nice shop. I bought a high-end Canon lens from them, along with some other photography stuff over the years.

128 GB of RAM is nice if it's ever needed
32gb just fine for now and for thr next few years. 64GB is overkill. 128GB is burning money for giggles.

RE: b&h...ordered from them plenty. Go for it.

LOL. That's why I said if it's ever needed. I really appreciate the help from everyone. For several years I have gotten help with my pc parts and I appreciate it.

I would like Bluetooth as well. Thanks for your help.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

That makes sense.

Right. Thanks. I was just agreeing that I wanted Bluetooth.
Newegg just dropped it to 189 again! Looks like I found my new board. What do you recommend for paste? Better get a splitter for my fans.

I wont ask who you're agreeing with as nobody mentioned BT previously, lol. :p

On a serious note, in order to get BT, you actually need Wi-Fi which you mentioned you didn't previously. So if you require BT, then your board needs to have Wi-Fi (or buy a Wi-Fi card and install it) as that's all on the same AIC. :thup:

You can also look at B550 boards, or X570S. They are both newer than X570 and offer some updated features. B550 has some PCIe lane limitations, but so long as you're not trying to rock more than 2 M.2 modules and 4/5 SATA drives, you'll be fine.

EDIT: Im also not sure that X570 natively supports 5000 series out of the box. So unless you have a 3000 series or the board you choose has a bios flashback feature (flash without CPU).....or the board was produced late enough to have a BIOS that works with 5000 series.

What do you recommend for paste?
There's nothing wring with AS5. You'd be chasing after 1-3C at most with a different paste. I like MX-4 (2019 edition) and it's ~1C better than AS5. :shrug:

Better get a splitter for my fans.
I'll bite... why? Feels like we missed critical context from this statement...:D

I wont ask who you're agreeing with as nobody mentioned BT previously, lol. :p

He's agreeing with me, I mentioned the WiFi with BT in post #12 :p

On a serious note, in order to get BT, you actually need Wi-Fi which you mentioned you didn't previously. So if you require BT, then your board needs to have Wi-Fi (or buy a Wi-Fi card and install it) as that's all on the same AIC. :thup:

You can also look at B550 boards, or X570S. They are both newer than X570 and offer some updated features. B550 has some PCIe lane limitations, but so long as you're not trying to rock more than 2 M.2 modules and 4/5 SATA drives, you'll be fine.
Agreed, but I think he's looking at the X570 WiFi model.

EDIT: Im also not sure that X570 natively supports 5000 series out of the box. So unless you have a 3000 series or the board you choose has a bios flashback feature (flash without CPU).....or the board was produced late enough to have a BIOS that works with 5000 series.

You can flash the BIOS without a CPU in the socket. Very cool feature IMO.

There's nothing wring with AS5. You'd be chasing after 1-3C at most with a different paste. I like MX-4 (2019 edition) and it's ~1C better than AS5. :shrug:

I'll bite... why? Feels like we missed critical context from this statement...:D

I still have an old large tube of AS5 that I aspire to one day use up. lol
In post #10 I mentioned the mobo only has two fan headers for case fans.

Thanks for clarifying all that up JLK03F150. I'm (she) not completely crazy lol. I didn't know that b550 was newer than x570. Oh that's right, they did that for a cheaper version of Mobo. Didn't realize you had to have Wi-Fi for Bluetooth. I don't want the pcie lane limitations. Since I can afford a decent board, I would like to get something good. Even though I don't overclock (maybe someday) and I'm not an extreme gamer, the extras are fine if affordable. Don't want my my mobo to be outdated in a year. Although ddr5 is here. I do know some things, however I'm not that tech savvy. My Arctic Silver is from Sept. 2009 lol. My first build. The one in my signature. Still runs great. I could even upgrade that one a little more.

Back