• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Aorus Elite Wi-Fi Refurbished on Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wont ask who you're agreeing with as nobody mentioned BT previously, lol. :p

On a serious note, in order to get BT, you actually need Wi-Fi which you mentioned you didn't previously. So if you require BT, then your board needs to have Wi-Fi (or buy a Wi-Fi card and install it) as that's all on the same AIC. :thup:

You can also look at B550 boards, or X570S. They are both newer than X570 and offer some updated features. B550 has some PCIe lane limitations, but so long as you're not trying to rock more than 2 M.2 modules and 4/5 SATA drives, you'll be fine.

EDIT: Im also not sure that X570 natively supports 5000 series out of the box. So unless you have a 3000 series or the board you choose has a bios flashback feature (flash without CPU).....or the board was produced late enough to have a BIOS that works with 5000 series.

There's nothing wring with AS5. You'd be chasing after 1-3C at most with a different paste. I like MX-4 (2019 edition) and it's ~1C better than AS5. :shrug:

I'll bite... why? Feels like we missed critical context from this statement...:D
Think I'll go with the board you mentioned before EarthDog.
Gigabyte B550 Pro V2. Amazon has it for $179. Sounds like a good gaming board. Had to buy asap to get by Fri. Only had 3 mins. Forgot paste lol.
Post magically merged:

Got the MX-4 2019
Hope I didn't miss getting a better board at that price. Gigabyte or not.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the issue is that you can't have BT without WIFI but these days all motherboard manufactures seem to use combo wifi/bt adapters.

I didn't know you had to have Wi-Fi to have Bluetooth. What I read said no.
Then I come here and find out differently. I'll have to get a Wi-Fi card for this board if I decide I want BT. I'm also considering getting a new router. This one doesn't support Wi-Fi 6. I haven't gotten into the particulars so I don't know if I definitely need a new one. At some point I'll be getting a new monitor. I'm using an old TV right now. 720p LOL.

Integrated Wi-Fi on a motherboard includes bluetooth. If you use a key-e M.2 Wifi (CNVi - so it's integrated in the mobo), you always get Bluetooth integrated. If you buy a Wi-Fi card (think PCIe-based), there is a chance (I guess?) it may not come with BT. Maybe there are BT only cards... I don't know. All I'm saying is that if a motherboard has integrated Wi-Fi, it comes with BT. ;)

Night44, you can also buy a USB blue tooth dongle if you want BT but don't want to pay the extra to get these things integrated into a motherboard.

Night44, you can also buy a USB blue tooth dongle if you want BT but don't want to pay the extra to get these things integrated into a motherboard.
Thanks. I read that as well. I don't know if I'll ever use either one. Up to this point I haven't had the need.
Post magically merged:

Integrated Wi-Fi on a motherboard includes bluetooth. If you use a key-e M.2 Wifi (CNVi - so it's integrated in the mobo), you always get Bluetooth integrated. If you buy a Wi-Fi card (think PCIe-based), there is a chance (I guess?) it may not come with BT. Maybe there are BT only cards... I don't know. All I'm saying is that if a motherboard has integrated Wi-Fi, it comes with BT. ;)
Okay

The reason I always get Wifi on board...My printers only work consistently on Wifi and not plugged in with USB(Which would really be inconvenient for my phone and chromebook:p)....Also I can than stick the Printer in some reclusive spot.:cool:

It's nice to be able to hide the printer. My printer works off of the router Wi-Fi. The board in my Sig doesn't have Wi-Fi and neither does my new board. I was looking at the Rog strix b550-f gaming. That one had Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase. :)

Keep us posted!!
Not going well. No power to the motherboard. Kept checking and rechecking both connections. Checked and rechecked the power cord connection. Turning my power supply on and off. Last time I turned it on I saw a blue light flash from underneath the motherboard. 😭

Bad luck... :(

What other hardware is going in it?

Also, what board did you actually buy??? I see as of yesterday you mentioned an asus....

You also said you needed BT but the board you bought you said doesn't have wifi (and therefore bt).

You also mentioned you didn't want b550 but I think you got a b550 board?

When you have time, please clarify exactly what you bought and what's going in it. :)

Last edited:
I bought the motherboard that you suggested the first time. Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2. I had installed the mobo. Nothing was hooked up but the 24 pin and the 8-pin. I was going to update my BIOS. Bought a ryzen 5 5600x and that 32GB 3200 MHz Ram you had linked. All in that first thread I made about building a gaming computer around my RX 580 4GB. I'm using the power supply and hard drive in my sig.

I bought the motherboard that you suggested the first time. Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2. I had installed the mobo. Nothing was hooked up but the 24 pin and the 8-pin. I was going to update my BIOS. Bought a ryzen 5 5600x and that 32GB 3200 MHz Ram you had linked. All in that first thread I made about building a gaming computer around my RX 580 4GB. I'm using the power supply and hard drive in my sig.
Did you follow the procedure? (See manual)

Edit: you bought a b550 motherboard.... they natively support 5000 series cpus. You don't need to ash without the cpu. Put that thing together with all the parts, bud. :)

Blue flash from under the mother board ain't good! Did you have a standoff in the wrong place making contact with the circuitry of the motherboard's underside? Or did you drop a screw in the case during the build that could have worked it's way under the motherboard and grounded out between the board and the tray? First thing to do is to remove the motherboard and inspect the underside of it for burned components or traces. Here's a tip for future reference: Connect all the necessary components outside of the case on a box or table top before installing them in the case. That way, if a component is bad you won't have wasted time installing it an removing it for RMA. It also avoids groundout problems. Put things in the case after you have tested them. You can simulate the case's power button connection by bridging the two pins on the motherboard where the power button cable attaches with a screw driver tip.

Edit: you bought a b550 motherboard.... they natively support 5000 series cpus. You don't need to ash without the cpu. Put that thing together with all the parts, bud. :)

Yes, I bought a b550. Thought I still had to flash.

Blue flash from under the mother board ain't good! Did you have a standoff in the wrong place making contact with the circuitry of the motherboard's underside? Or did you drop a screw in the case during the build that could have worked it's way under the motherboard and grounded out between the board and the tray? First thing to do is to remove the motherboard and inspect the underside of it for burned components or traces. Here's a tip for future reference: Connect all the necessary components outside of the case on a box or table top before installing them in the case. That way, if a component is bad you won't have wasted time installing it an removing it for RMA. It also avoids groundout problems. Put things in the case after you have tested them. You can simulate the case's power button connection by bridging the two pins on the motherboard where the power button cable attaches with a screw driver tip.
No screws under motherboard. Don't know if a standoff is in the wrong place. If it is, I would think the screw hole would be as well. I'll have to look. I didn't think about adding it all before installing mobo. Just cpu. I thought mobo had to be in to flash. Nope. Doesn't need anyway. I only put mobo it in and connected 24 and 8 pin. Turned on power and nothing. Checked and rechecked all connections. Turned
I/O button on and off as I was checking psu connection. Last time I did it I saw a flash of blue.

Last edited:
20211227_045115_remastered.jpg
I decided to just put it together and put it in the case. Started right up. All I had to do was fix my graphics, my time, and reactivate my windows.
I do need a new exhaust fan. I need 4 pin. I might have one on another pc.
I thought maybe I saw the blue light off of my fan. I didn't realize that the motherboard lit up. When it started up it was blue now you can see it's red.

Last edited:
Lol.... glad it was possibly just a fan light you saw. Happy it's working. ;)

If that TX850 us as old as your last build, I'd look into buying another power supply sooner than later as well.

Please update your signature with the new hardware so we know what you're working with.

Back