• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our Visiting Racers - Welcome!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My compy has had a long history of problems with FAH, this has forced me into pseudo retirement as I never did figure out the problems.

But... today I decided i'm bringing her back for one last hurrah. Tonight I got it folding stable at stock. Tonight, a true zombie folding machine rises from the grave to fold for one more contest. It looks like it still has that issue where the PPD is getting halved for no apparent reason but there are no eue and I don't have time to do any major troubleshooting. If I see just 1 eue, i'm shutting her down. All indicators say solid stable. Perhaps whatever was going on was fixed in this new fancy client.
folding.png

Princess Leia - 'The temps are way high and the CPU, GPU, & fans are running at full tilt.'

Han Solo - 'Don't worry. She'll hold together'.

Han Solo looks down at the black antec 1200 case beseechingly - 'Come on baby, hold together!'

Last edited:
Thanks for joining the race, Ozzlo!

I think your folder is quite helpful - in 10 days, that adds up nicely.

Hello, Long time lurker here. I thought I would add my rig to the cause for the next 10 days to help you guys out.
I'm running a 2600k@ 4.9 and a gtx 570 getting between 35 to 40k PPD.
And for what it's worth I have my PS3 folding as well but im not sure on the numbers yet.

Hello, Long time lurker here. I thought I would add my rig to the cause for the next 10 days to help you guys out.
And for what it's worth I have my PS3 folding as well but im not sure on the numbers yet.

Welcome to the cause :salute:
Everything helps

Great to have you with us :thup:

:welcome: to the forum and the team :D

:welcome: Krazykill.

Did you find the << Race Info >> post and input that name, team number and passkey already?

Welcome! Hope you continue to fold after this event!!!!:salute:

good way to break in my new 2700k.
so by friday i should have running
2700k with a 7970
1090t with a 6970
fx8120 with a 6970
those should help.

good way to break in my new 2700k.
so by friday i should have running
2700k with a 7970
1090t with a 6970
fx8120 with a 6970
those should help.

Welcome aboard! :salute:

I wouldn't bother folding on the graphics cards as they would probably slow down the cpu more than they would produce.

@KrazyKill: Excellent!

:welcome: Equinox1 Those cpu's fold so well, and Radeon/AMD cards fold so poorly (they're optimized for integers and F@Home uses floating point values), that it will work out better if you don't fold with the gpu's.

Very glad to have you both working with us in this race. :clap:

@Brilliant recruiting, Hookiealumnus!

Last edited:
its really too bad that f@H cant take advantage of the raw compute that the 7970 has

If these powerful ATI/Radeon cards had been around earlier, I'm sure they would have been used more. Creating powerful programs for hardware that doesn't exist yet, is unlikely at best.

Back