• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiting Racers Sign In Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im in :thup:

Gotta go easy on my psu, she's haveing a hard time these days, so it will just be my cpu, unless I compromise on certain settings :blah:

:D

Hello all
King SMP from Toms signing in
I started last night for Team 32 but didnt get a chance to sign up till today
I have a EVGA 660Ti SC,Zotac 460 1gb 256 bit and an I5-2400 Xeon equal folding for the race.
Should be getting close to 50K PPD
I might fire up a SMP with a 1100T 4ghz if I can keep my temps under control
Glad to help

Im in :thup:

Gotta go easy on my psu, she's haveing a hard time these days, so it will just be my cpu, unless I compromise on certain settings :blah:

:D

Glad to have you racing with us. We're being challenged at the moment, by both Vietnam Global Team and EVGA, but we are in first place. :cool:

There are some wu's that just pound your ppd right down - no doubt!

I've got a few systems running for the Challenge. I've been away from F@H for a long time (Prescotts heating the house too much). Thought I'd give it a try again & see how it goes.

I see the HD 6950 has failed & read ATI doesn't currently work with the client.
My GTX 650 is contributing though.

Bigchrome from the Pit_Crew here. Thought I'd make a personal appearance.
My main rig has been on the case since last night chipping in a modest 50k ppd, I'll be switching my laptop good for another 20 over now.

Let's win this thing! :D

I've got a few systems running for the Challenge. I've been away from F@H for a long time (Prescotts heating the house too much). Thought I'd give it a try again & see how it goes.

Actually, ATI works well with their newer cards that use OpenCl. Radeon 7970 is THE top folding card in FAH atm. (to work well, it has to use the "beta" flag, in the ATI card slot, however.) This uses a new core - 17, and it's only a beta, (so some bugs still), but its clearly a winner for FAH and Radeon/ATI GPU's.

"Heating by Prescott", eh? :D

@Welcome, Bigchrome!

Actually, ATI works well with their newer cards that use OpenCl. Radeon 7970 is THE top folding card in FAH atm. (to work well, it has to use the "beta" flag, in the ATI card slot, however.) This uses a new core - 17, and it's only a beta, (so some bugs still), but its clearly a winner for FAH and Radeon/ATI GPU's.

"Heating by Prescott", eh? :D

@Bigchrome! :welcome: to the race!

Adak, where can I find the beta? I'd like to update and put that GPU to use.

Heating by Prescott was awesome in the winter, but pretty horrible during the dogdays of an Atlanta summer. lol

I am just north of atlanta and in the summer I have to clock everything back some.
I am from florida and it gets hotter here but the humidity is so low my skin dries out even in summer but the people here complain about it.

Adak, where can I find the beta? I'd like to update and put that GPU to use.

Heating by Prescott was awesome in the winter, but pretty horrible during the dogdays of an Atlanta summer. lol

It's a flag, so you don't need to "find" it. Let me get the directions for you.

OOooh! What OS do you have on that system, JLK?

Last edited:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<config>
<!-- Folding Slot Configuration -->
<power v="full"/>
<!-- User Information -->
<passkey v="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/> <team v="32"/> <user v="jlk03f150"/>
<!-- Folding Slots -->
<slot type="GPU" id="0"/> <client-type v="beta"/> <slot type="CPU" id="1"/> </config>
I added the beta comment, restarted and it failed again. I'll start a new topic to get out of your thread. ;)

Every Christmas we give out special battery powered abacuses to our members.

:rofl:

Yeah, we had to distract the Chinese from building that dang wall - hard to conquer a kingdom with a big wall around it, you know? :salute:

Back