• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiting Racers Sign In Here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm going to contribute again for this year's CC. (OCF/Rosetta)

Last edited:
Permission to come aboard?

Seaman Pretzel reporting for duty!! SIR!!!
In recognition of your recent contributions to the Battleship THG-40051's
efforts against the insidious prions, I offer you my humble services for the duration of the chimp conflict.

May the FOLD be with us!

Sir, Do I require any unique crypto key to serve under your flag? SIR?

I will stow my weapons by 0930 hours.:salute:

:cheers:

Heavy Weapons---3770K 2xGTX680s. (Not SLI)@stock speeds
Side arm--- 1090T-X6 HD5830?

Last edited:
:salute:

Granted and welcome aboard, Pretzel and PolRoger.

No keys needed for this year. Use all your regular settings, but be sure the team number is 32. :clap:

We disembark at 1200 hours on Saturday, and expect foul weather and low gunfire at any time.

Low gunfire?

<------- Well guess I'll have a chance to swing my sword at something after all :p

That was a saying from WWII that was popular with the military personnel. When things were getting dodgy ahead, you'd say "get ready for foul weather and low gunfire".

Last edited:
That was a saying from WWII that was popular with the military personnel. When things were getting dodgy ahead, you'd say "get ready for foul weather and low gunfire".

Ah.... that new one on me (and here I thought I heard just about every popular saying that the Military has too offer.)

**Even though I've never joined the service, I have essentially visited each service though a base...

Air Force: Wright Patterson Air Force Base (born and lived near there for most of my life).

Marine Corps: Parris Island, (lived on a housing base that was Indirectly connected to it for 2 years. Moved there in 2010.)

Army: Fort Detrick (Closest base that near me now (in WV) but it's the farthest I've been from any base. Beyond using the stores there, my family doesn't have other uses though.)

Navy: Bethesda Navel Hospital or now known as "Walter Reed National Military Medical Center". (Still living in the same place (WV) but my dad works there.)

Yeah.... what funny about all this is that I've visited these bases *after* my dad has long retired out of the military (retired in 2004 after 20 years of service). **

Guess it just shows that even if your surrounded by military active members, you can still learn new things from about past. ;)

Low gunfire was a strategy used in WW1 and WW2.
If you shot high and killed an enemy he would be left lying.
If you shot low and injured him you effectively took out 3 combatants. The one who was injured and 2 more to carry him on a stretcher back behind the lines for medical treatment. :salute:

Back