• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over Heating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tank Geek

Hey folks, I ran Aida64 on my PC tonight and it is running 10C warmer than before. I have some canned air on the way to clean the radiator. What else can I do? Its only at 5GHz.
94to102C.jpg
Aida 64 Full Load 1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks, I ran Aida64 on my PC tonight and it is running 10C warmer than before. I have some canned air on the way to clean the radiator. What else can I do? Its only at 5GHz.
View attachment 210409

Before when? Like yesterday or a few months ago? Could do with some more information of everything.

Could be dust like you said, but could easily be that last time you ran it, it was 10C outside and now it is 30C outside. Ambient temps easily impact upon pc temps.

Thank you for the reply. You are so right, today was 105F here. That may be it.

The pic with lower temps was 5/12/20

It gets hot in Fresn0 and there has been an early heat wave this week in the soutwest and central/lower CA. If you're not running AC, well every degree increase in ambient temp will show up as a 1c degree rise in CPU temps.

Last edited:
Kenny, I think there is an error in your Sig. The H100i v.2 is a Corsari product, not a Cooler Master product. Also, your VID max is 1.454. Isn't that rather high?

Kenny, I think there is an error in your Sig. The H100i v.2 is a Corsari product, not a Cooler Master product. Also, your VID max is 1.454. Isn't that rather high?

You are correct, the H100i is Corsair..:thup: Thank you

VID? I have no idea??? I am not as advanced as most the techs on here.

Thank you:salute:

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The VID does not seem to reach 1.45??
VID1.jpg

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The VID does not seem to reach 1.45??
VID1.jpg

Look at the VID for cores #5,6,7 in the pic with your first post. That VID is the voltage assigned to the processor cores.

Did you use an auto overclocking genie in bios to overclock or did you enter voltages manually?

Last edited:
Ok Trents, I think I see what you are saying. In BIOS it would be under, Voltage Config to CPU Core/Cache Voltage? It was set to Auto. It should be 1.35V maybe instead of 1.45V?

HMM? It didn't seem to change the VID but the CPU Core Vcore??
InkedVolt1_LI.jpg
InkedVolt2_LI.jpg

I cannot figure out why it posts that third screen shot?? I feel like I am on the short bus..

Attachments

• Volt1.jpg
    Volt1.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
The voltage VID may be a fixed quantity from the factory. It can be difficult to sort different voltage and temperature readouts because different reporting software will use different terminology. Most of us would recommend HWMonitor64.exe over HWMonitor. It gives a lot more information.

The fact that you took the CPU Core/Cache Voltage off "Auto" and manually assigned it a value is what I was really getting at. Uncle "Auto" will typically assign more voltage to the cores/cache than may be necessary to keep the system stable and so drive up temps. What you need to do now is experiment with that voltage and stress test until you find the lowest safe voltage that will keep the processor stable at the highest possible frequency without generating excessive temps, which I would limit to 95c. Higher than 95c will put you into throttle range anyway and you should leave some room for changes in ambient temps related to weather if necessary. Keep in mind that every degree of ambient temp change will cause the same amount of core temp change since cooling, even with a water cooler, is still accomplished by the delta between radiator temp and air temp flowing across the fins.

I would suggest using Realtemp for the stress test and set the amount of memory used to half of what your system has. Realtemp uses both the GPU and the CPU for rendering ans so simulates real world computing. It will generate higher internal case temps than most other stress tests because of that. Test for a couple of hours.

Back