• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock a Amd Fx 4100 Quad Core 3.6 Ghz Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingAslan21

Registered
Hello i have a question im new here so i need a little help im a newbie in overcloking Cpu`s and Video Cards can some one be nice and kind to help me Overcloking my Pc.

My Pc is :

MotherBoard: Gigabyte Ga-78LMT-S2P
Processor: Amd Fx 4100 Quad Core stock cooling.
Video Card: GainWard Nvidia Gt 630 2048MB.
Hdd:320GB.Thank you

:welcome: To OCF KingAslan21
My first suggestion would be to read this guide http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663

Then when you're done we'll want to see some pics to get an idea of where you stand at stock. Just a heads up that's a faily low end motherboard which may hold you back some but I'm sure we can get a little out of it for you.
The pics we'd like to see are CPU-z main, spd and memory tabs. Also a shot of HWMonitor free version while running P95 blend for 20 minutes so we get an idea of your thermals and voltages.

Hello thank you for your replay mister Johan here is the photos
i will upload on a new site just a second
sxivww.png.jpg 6ogdaf.png.jpg
6ofqmc.png.jpg ndx9hy.png.jpg

Here is on Normal HW MONITOR : 2nhi8gk.png.jpg

Here is After i runed 20 Minutes Prime95 2s7t4lh.png.jpg
erwrq8.png.jpg

And here is from video 28qso0p.jpg .Thank you i whait for you a answer

Last edited:
Please use HWMonitor (non pro version) to monitor temps and voltages. What we need to see are two specific temps: the "package" temp and the CPU (socket temp). It is not clear from the Speedfan pic you attached what is what. Please repeat that exercise using HWMonitor.

Also, please include information about your case make and model and the fans it has installed and the PSU make and wattage.

Please use HWMonitor (non pro version) to monitor temps and voltages. What we need to see are two specific temps: the "package" temp and the CPU (socket temp). It is not clear from the Speedfan pic you attached what is what. Please repeat that exercise using HWMonitor.

Also, please include information about your case make and model and the fans it has installed and the PSU make and wattage.

i make with HW Monitor to Mister
Here is on Normal HW MONITOR : 2nhi8gk.png.jpg

Here is After i runed 20 Minutes Prime95 2s7t4lh.png.jpg
erwrq8.png.jpg

Here is one photo of my Bios to 2qa8px3.jpg

You are definately getting too hot aslan. What do you have for a CPU cooler and case

You are definately getting too hot aslan. What do you have for a CPU cooler and case

I have this Case 21m8byq.jpg igxgd1.jpg

Have that 1 Big Fan and work at Max. + 2 Fans One in front and one on the back wo get rid of the heat i mean that 1 Big + one in the front is cooling and the other one from the Back it get rig of the heat. i put a picture with my bios to what is that Turbo CPB in that guide you told me to read it say to Disable what do that thing

That turbo gives a slight boost to half the cores in certain situations. It's better to disable it for overclocking. Now what are you using as a CPU cooler, the one that comes with it??

That turbo gives a slight boost to half the cores in certain situations. It's better to disable it for overclocking. Now what are you using as a CPU cooler, the one that comes with it??

Thank you.Yes Sir i have the cooler wo comes with the Proceesor the stock cooler something like this 1z54tmp.jpg

Johan45, in this scenario he might be better off leaving Turbo enabled so as to limit heat production. He may be able to get a couple ticks more on the multiplier with stock voltage but with those temps and that motherboard I don't see him being able to add any voltage to the cores in order to get a significant overclock.

Aslan, case fans that push air into the case (front and side) we call "intake" fans. Case fans that push air out of the case (top and back) we call "exhaust" fans. The CPU socket temp corresponds to the HWMonitor line TMPIN2 with Gigabyte motherboards (usually). For reference, we recommend limiting package temps to around 60c and socket temps to around 70c. As you can see my friend, you are almost there at stock frequencies and voltages. You desperately need a better CPU cooler and even then your motherboard will limit you as it has weak power phase components.

Last edited:
I agree Trents.
KingAslan21, what we are saying is that you're pretty much at your max right now unles you invest in some better CPU cooling first of all. Your system is reaching it's maxe temps already and that has to be addressed before you go much faster.

Johan45, in this scenario he might be better off leaving Turbo enabled so as to limit heat production. He may be able to get a couple ticks more on the multiplier with stock voltage but with those temps and that motherboard I don't see him being able to add any voltage to the cores in order to get a significant overclock.

Aslan, case fans that "push" air into the case (front and side) we call "intake" fans. Case fans that push air out of the case (top and back) we call "exhaust" fans.

now my procesor is 3.6GHz i dont whant much performance i whant just only much faster around 4.2 or 4.5Ghz and overclock the video card To to get rid of the fps lag in asasins creed 4 black flag.Thank your for helping me guys

I agree Trents.
KingAslan21, what we are saying is that you're pretty much at your max right now unles you invest in some better CPU cooling first of all. Your system is reaching it's maxe temps already and that has to be addressed before you go much faster.

Oke so what cooler i must buy dont think at Water cooling because i dont have that kind of money to spend on water cooling

Aslan, case fans that push air into the case (front and side) we call "intake" fans. Case fans that push air out of the case (top and back) we call "exhaust" fans. The CPU socket temp corresponds to the HWMonitor line TMPIN2 with Gigabyte motherboards (usually). For reference, we recommend limiting package temps to around 60c and socket temps to around 70c. As you can see my friend, you are almost there at stock frequencies and voltages. You desperately need a better CPU cooler and even then your motherboard will limit you as it has weak power phase components.

Oh Thank you so even if i buy a new cooler i can`t get the performance ..i whant because of my motherboard :( so i need a new motherboard and a new cooler...

P.S i like your signature

Before we can recommend a better CPU cooler, we need to know how much room you have in your case. The better coolers are tall and can present clearance problems to the side panel. Please measure across the top of your case and let us know the measurement.

You will not come close to 4.5 ghz with that motherboard. Yes, you need both a better motherboard and a better cooler.

As far as a cooler goes, we commonly recommend the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo but we need to find out if it will fit in your case. Can you measure across the top? In "inches" if you can.

Aslan, we need you to actually take a ruler and measure across the top of the case on the outside. We cannot possibly tell if it is wide enough to accommodate the CM Hyper 212 Evo just by looking at the interior of the case in your picture. Generally, cases that are greater than 7.5" across at the top will accommodate the tall tower style coolers like the one we are suggesting.

I haven't had any luck finding that case online to check the specs. Do you hav a link for it Aslan

EDIT: Here's the cooler we're talking about but it's 160mm high so you need that much clearance between the CPU and case side door. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Sorry for whaiting i was to eat here is the specification of my case http://www.emag.ro/carcasa-delux-middletower-atx-500w-negru-mg858/pd/EZTZ7BBBM/

Format:ATX / Micro ATXTip carcasa:MiddletowerNumar locase fixe externe:4 x 5.25"Numar locase fixe interne:7 x 3.5"Numar locase sloturi extensii:7

Dimensiuni (W x H x D mm):245 x 550 x 495

Back