• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock a Amd Fx 4100 Quad Core 3.6 Ghz Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
...knocked backwards at the power it really takes to run AC4BF. Not for weak systems at all it seems.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-benchmark-cpu-gpu/2/
Recommended configuration Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions) Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz or better RAM: 4GB or more Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 5850 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0) or better

Read more: Assassin’s Creed 4 : Black Flag Benchmark – CPU and GPU http://www.hardwarepal.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-benchmark-cpu-gpu/
You can 'read more' at that link there from the beginning and see just what sort of actual performance can be expected from a "big rig" running AC4BF.

Surely g00gling Nvidia Gt 630 vs nvidia GeForce GTX 470 will show a huge difference in the performance of those two video cards. Huge difference in performance. Now stop and think what even they will do compared to Benchmark Rigs and Components at the link just below:
http://www.hardwarepal.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-benchmark-cpu-gpu/3/

Now flip on over to page #5 of that article and see the 1920x1080 GPU Benches.
http://www.hardwarepal.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-benchmark-cpu-gpu/5/

I had no idea of the power requirements for playing AC4BF. They are not meager requirements by any means. Let me make that power just to play or power to play "really" well. They are very far apart it seems and this review is only about 6 mos old.

Sure getting a few more beats at the cpu level would be good, but that seems far from being what is really wrong with the OP's ability to 'really' play the game. Play the game without so much frame drop.
Awestruck RGone...ster.

EDIT:
I did some more g00gling and found website GameDebate com and filled out their questionaire about the system in question and asked it to tell me how the parts and pieces stacked up in the game.

Here is the link to this particular systems stack-up.
http://www.game-debate.com/games/in...Edition&ram=4&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

Since I don't trust that link to work for everyone, I captured the screen of results as I veiwed them myself. The Projected FPS are not visisble because I am NOT a premium member. But look at how far the GPU lags behiind in even reaching the 100% playable mark. Even the FX-4100 did not quite reach the 100% mark.

See the image for my edit about the RAM which is not even running in dual channel according to CPUz.

View attachment 145605

Now after becoming more acclimated to AC4BF, I just don't see how focusing much on the cpu is going to make AC4BF very playable.
END EDIT.

EDIT #2:
When going back over this post I noticed something else as well. Something I cannot change in the spec system since am not a member. Look at the resolution that the results are given for. > 1280 x 1024. So if the OP is using what maybe todays normal monitor resolution of 1920 x 1080, then that showing of results would show his system lacking even more.
END EDIT #2.

Thank you for the info sir so i must change my procesor and my video card + new coolers?

I MIGHT be wrong, but I loosely recall seeing a Linus tech tips video about this case, and him saying that the fan on the side panel gets in the way of high profile coolers like 212 evo.

Again, just from loose memory, but it's something to consider.

I MIGHT be wrong, but I loosely recall seeing a Linus tech tips video about this case, and him saying that the fan on the side panel gets in the way of high profile coolers like 212 evo.

Again, just from loose memory, but it's something to consider.

I've had to remove them before to get a cooler into a case, justt a few screws usually. Those big fans really aren't much help to begin with so no great loss. There's also the bonus of having the access to cool air through the hole that's left i the side door.

Thank you for the info sir so i must change my procesor and my video card + new coolers?

Back on the first page at post #12 you wrote:
KingAslan21 said:
now my procesor is 3.6GHz i dont whant much performance i whant just only much faster around 4.2 or 4.5Ghz and overclock the video card To to get rid of the fps lag in asasins creed 4 black flag.Thank your for helping me guys.

In the true spirit of trying to really help you, I did some research into the game AC4BF and found that the video card seems to be your major weak part in playing AC4BF and not the cpu.

I know money can be tight. Been tight for me for a few years now. I like to spend my money in the area most likely to 'help' my shortcomings. From what I see this minute, you can worry about overclocking the processor and buying a new cooler (good idea by the way) but when you finish that process of upgrades, you still will not be able to play AC4BF very well according to the information I see in looking hard at the "needs" for playing AC4BF.

I felt it a better help to try and focus on what you stated in post #12 when you said you wanted to overclock the processor in order to get rid of FPS drops in AC4BF. I am more certain now that the video card is where your FPS are slowing and not the cpu speed.

Sure overclocking the cpu is helpful to a very minor extent and fun even, but to make AC4BF more playable the video card is the problem area right now is my best helpful suspicion.

You can spend a lot of time and money and effort in getting the cpu a little faster on that rather weak motherboard you have and then still find that AC4BF is still mostly underwhelming and still have pretty large FPS dropping because the video card is so under-powered for AC4BF.

I hope I have made my thoughts about AC4BF and your underpowered system more clear. Hope so anyway. So you can concentrate on the area most likely to give you a better AC4BF experience. Luck to you sir.
RGone...

Thanks for the info well shrimp how much did you spend on your Rig?

pieced together. And I have several rigs as well.

For a water loop, and a decent one, custom, it's not having to be expensive.

A lot of heat dissipation relies mostly on radiator surface area. Probably why most AIO coolers with like a 120.1 rad are no better than air cooling. The surface area isn't enough to cool big wattage output.

So 20$ can get you a full copper thermaltake block. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-T...84040?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item589148b7e8 You could make your own bracket, or have some one make one for you. I have several home made brackets.....

XSPC X20 750 Pump/Reservoir Combo w/ Kill Coil Buy it now for 55$

tubing barbs fittings ect. you ask around the forums and probably find some guys to give this type of stuff away pretty darn cheap.

Couple of Rads... well that really depends on how much cooling you want. You can look at full copper rads for best dissipation and the rad with the most loops and fins usually can dissipate the most heat.

But average rads can be pretty cheap. One big monster radiator for lots of dissipation can be had for 65$ buy it now. XSPC RX480 Quad 120mm Radiator V2

So far we are at 140$ for superior cooling with some decent used parts. And the nice thing is they are all seperate, so you can buy one today, one in a couple of weeks, another part a few weeks later. In the meantime shell out 10 bucks here and there for fittings- orings- regular distilled water and the killcoil in that pump/res combo is all you really need....

So in total, I'd say under 200$ for a really decent water loop. And I bet you money that there's some one on this forum that could probably come up with a better guess for better parts perhaps with better prices.

Hey, shrimpy, thanks for sharing the pics! I really appreciate folks that jury rig and modify stuff rather than just buy it all. Looks kind of ghetto beautiful!

Sorry for getting a little chippy, man. I just got a little frustrated because I felt you were interjecting your own stuff and it wasn't being helpful to the OP who is in an entirely different place in his experience level, his economics and is geography.

I'm sorry for being abrasive as well Trent. My own stuff may have been injected, but not without good cause. I'm a believer that everyone should be running a custom water loop. Even if they don't like it :p

Back