• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock an Athlon XP 3200+ on A7N8XE-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mangatrekkie

Hi all. Someone gave me 4 old home made computers from about 5-6 years ago, and I've spent the last year or so fixing them all up. I finally have fried the CPU in one figuring out overclocking, and I don't want to do that to my main one. I need to overclock the CPU more than I already have, from 2.19 GHz to 2.27 (206 MHz x 11.5) How much farther can I go? Voltage is to 1.775V. My CPU stays around 55-58 degrees Celsius. And, while I'm at it, should I overclock my memory? How is that done? Should I mess with memory timings? Thanks.

Voltage is to 1.775V = That is in a sentence where you are stating what the Cpu voltage is and it seems a little high overall. I had almost forgotten that the stock Vcore for that old cpu is 1.65 volts. But that seems mighty high for that little increase in cpu speed.

Last edited:
Back