• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Overclock Intel xeon x5680 on ASUS P6T Deluxe v1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's right - and now I have 24GB Kingstons that I need to sell If my current DIMMs doesn't burn out during the next few months.
But that's for another thread...

i need to get on with selling stuff lul, got an X79 board and a 3930k coming in tomorrow so need to get my rampage 3 and the X5670 soon ish :p though i'll be keeping my 24GBs of vengeance to use in that since then i just need another 8gb and that's 32gb lul

OH!! - And I'm sorry for derailing my own thread and dragging y'all down with me!!
Any talk about the amounts of RAM should probably continue in THIS thread

Im very surprised how much you can squeeze out of it. Prime95 doesn‘t show the limit in my opinion. The goal is to achieve a setting in which the CPU doesn‘t throttle. You can see this very nice in the Intel Xtreme xyz somehow Tool. The thing is, I am with *144 MHz BLCK x26* at 91°C+ and got throttled. This even with 1,208 V!!! I have a 2 Fan Noctua NH U12P. How the hack you got that much more GHz with air???

Mine throttles before it even gets to 90°. I haven't tried disabling "Intel TM function" in hios. Perhaps it might help me ping 100+:D without throttling. Did you try disabling yours?

View attachment 200033

C1E and SpeedStep on 1366, with overclocking! It almost seems like a foreign concept to me. I was never able to get it to work the way the newer Intel systems do. It works to a point, but I think its a waste of time outside of stock clocks.. That is just my opinion of course :D But once the board starts feeding the cpu 1.2v all the time, there is just no point in my mind to using it.

FYI: Increasing the BCLK over around 120 to 200 ... did you know your PSU has to dish out 200 extra watts for your BCLK,,,,,,,, FACT !!! Take the BCLK to 120 or below. and work the mutliplier. good luck In your case it might be 300 extra watts for what ? BCLK is gonna do nothing for you but overclock. no need to set your multiplier soo low, your multi should be like 40ish. good luck

Organik, have you used x58 platform? Have you taken measurements with a multimeter while overclocking?

I have TWO Xeon x5690 lying on my desk..................................

What to do?....... :muahaha:

Damn! Won't be able to make that deadline.

I need to try out both of the x5690's... They may be defective...
But if they aren't I need to go higher than 4.4GHz

Uhh 👌 That would be nice!
I'll let everyone know when I get the chance to work on it.

Back