• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The 4X4 Summer Showdown!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
OK, this summer I decided (finally) to try something a bit different again. You may be wondering why I chose 4X4 in the title, well 4X4X4 might be more accurate.
This time around I have selected 4 benchmarks which are to be run at 4 GHz on 4 cores with HT/SMT if you have it. I thought it would be interesting to see AMD Vs Intel on an even playing field even more so with the pending release of ZEN2. The competition will run until the end of the second week of August, this should allow some time for people with the new Ryzen to post some results. So without further ado here we go:

What: 3DMark11 Physics, Cinebench R15, Cinebench R20, and Geekbench4 Multicore
Who: any forum member
CPU: any CPU limited to 4 cores plus HT/SMT and 4.0 GHz can have more cores but must be disabled in BIOS
Cooling: Ambient
When: Ends: August 11, Midnight EST
Full Competition Rules: Here
As was stated a 4.0 GHz limit is in effect with a 10 MHz leaway (4010 MAX) as well as 4 cores. I ask that any submission that's put in uses HWInfo64 for monitoring speeds and must be open during the benchmark. CPUz tab must show only 4 cores being used so disable any extras in BIOS beforehand. The final score will be the total from all 4 benchmarks and please include this in your post. Also, use the supplied background

I would also like this format used at the top of your post and tally your scores for me please UserName/CPU/Score

BACKGROUND

Johan45/ Ryzen 5 3600X/ 37,743
Johan45/ R5 3600X/ AIO/ 37,253
jiccman1965/7700K/36,930
mackerel/3700X/36,033
bassnut / 3900X /35137
Johan45/ R7 2700X/ 33,769
(G[in]{AK)TION} / Ryzen 7 2700x / 33,151
mackerel/7800X/32,959
(G[in]{AK)TION} / Core i7 7700k / 32,927
Zerileous / R5 2600X / 31,611
devlos1000 \ 4690k \ 25,416
UltraTaco / x5670 / 24,006

Last edited:
Well, shoot. I went on a shopping spree this month (needed shoes, LOL), so I'm out till July. I'll be watching this thread, though. Any chance folks could post their individual bench scores so I can check my Cinebench results?

Why would you be out until July? Your 6700K has 4c/8t... I assume your old AMD's do as well?

I think a screenshot is a requirement so all scores should be visible there?

Can't afford $40 in software before then. :D And coolers.

Benching RGB Toes' FX 8370 on a Hyper 212 (one fan!) may not be the hot setup.....but I can probably run the 980 BE and disable a couple Thuban cores to compare the 1100T. Looks like I'm buying coolers and software next month!

The website wants me to download it through Steam? So no joy there. 3D Mark Basic (my current install) doesn't have the Physics test, either. I'll try majorgeeks.com and see how it goes.

edit: Fine print says Basic Edition is free only and that's the one I have. No stress tests available without upgrading. This is what I get when I click on stress tests:

stress test.JPG

Last edited:
Doesn't show up on the benchmarks page (my install), website lists it as a stress test. ?

physics.JPG

edit: OK, I figured it out. I have to run Firestrike and hopefully it will give me the physics score separately, because I can't run it on its own in the Basic Edition. I don't always get there first, but I get there eventually. LOL

Last edited:
yea!!!!! I like these with limits on cores and stuff, it lets people without the very high end stuff play!!!!!!!!
thanks Johan.

Now if you can just manage to run 3d11 and record its physics score, youd be in business!

It'S going to be tough to just run these on my 4570s rig much less the game rig.........

:fight::chair::facepalm::comp::waiting:

Oogh, more downooading..

1. So how do we fit it all on one screen?
1.a. If I open hwinfo, it takes up half a screen, CPUz takes another part of screen, then cinebench takes up whole screen, how do you see the background?!:shrug:
2. Do we add all scores?
3. What's ambient cooling?
3.a. I have water cooling, does it taken off?

This is so confusing:shock:

I hope Water Cooling is allowed :) Taco needs it to get his First GEN i7 to 4.0GHz

Back