• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD 1090t CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't know where you live shadeypwns but It's winter here and typically you will have a lower ambient room temperature. You need to take that into consideration for your OC as well. If room temperature goes up 5° so will your system temps.

That Rocketfish is BestBuy's store brand. They sell PSUs under that name as well. The cooler you link is probably made by Coolermaster for Best Buy. It's a dead ringer for the Hyper TX3. I used to own that same cooler and it looks identical to the TX3. It can be mounted either facing toward the top or the back on AMD systems.

I actually found the exact model I had it was the Cooler Master 7 Rev. 2

I don't know where you live shadeypwns but It's winter here and typically you will have a lower ambient room temperature. You need to take that into consideration for your OC as well. If room temperature goes up 5° so will your system temps.

Yeah, I'm in a basement and the house has central air so I'll still have the coldest room in the summer, it will actually be colder down here in the summer than it is now! :p

You're in luck then. Have you hadf that 3.8 stable for a couple hours yet?

You're in luck then. Have you hadf that 3.8 stable for a couple hours yet?

Yup yup! Ran it for probably an hour and a half last night, temps went to 58 at one point before coming back down to 54-56 pretty steadily. I'm expecting my normal temps even when under load will never reach that high, considering it took about 40 minutes of testing to hit that point, and I can never see stressing a 6 core 3.8 cpu 100% for 40 minutes solidly in any real-world application.

I'm satisfied for the moment, I feel no urge to overclock higher, the difference already is incredibly noticeable. My next plans are for my harddrive partitions and GFX card overclocks.

Way to go that's great. You may be able to tweak things a bit to bring the temps/volts down some. But like you said you'll never stress that box the way P95 does doing videos and games.

Way to go that's great. You may be able to tweak things a bit to bring the temps/volts down some. But like you said you'll never stress that box the way P95 does doing videos and games.

Yeah I've had Hardware Monitor running since I got up this morning and the highest temps I've seen is 44C while a game is running. Open air is amazing so far, we'll see how much dust I'm dealing with in a week or so though. Although, the inside of my case was always incredibly dusty after a couple weeks so it shouldn't be a big difference.

Yeah I've had Hardware Monitor running since I got up this morning and the highest temps I've seen is 44C while a game is running. Open air is amazing so far, we'll see how much dust I'm dealing with in a week or so though. Although, the inside of my case was always incredibly dusty after a couple weeks so it shouldn't be a big difference.
As long as you maintain it, dust shouldn't be a problem.

One word of caution when using canned air or compressed air: Don't allow any of the fans to spin freely when you shoot the air at them. They will spin so fast that it will damage their bearings and soon you will begin to hear noise from the damaged bearing. Stop them with your finger. For internal fans like inside the PSU, stick a soda straw through the grill to stop the fan.

One word of caution when using canned air or compressed air: Don't allow any of the fans to spin freely when you shoot the air at them. They will spin so fast that it will damage their bearings and soon you will begin to hear noise from the damaged bearing. Stop them with your finger. For internal fans like inside the PSU, stick a soda straw through the grill to stop the fan.
That never dawned on me Trents, thanks.

I use air compressor ...
well found a old fan it was grungy...
held it in my hand ,blasted it with air ,zoom the fan came right out of the shroud and stuck in a wall....wow
that sucker was really spinning...way faster than it was designed to...
was bout 30 years ago never did that again...

Ha, Ha! boucher that's a good one! Like a Ninja weapon or something.

Back