• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That a different story tho.

He was only at 4.2 when he had an illegal summout.

I've had illegal summouts with cpu temps being fine, upped the vcore and wha lah, it was stable after bumping vcore up or or two notches.

The only thing that happens when I try to OC real high and get core temps close to 70C is my cpu clock will go from like 4800 to 1700 for a second or two.. and let it keep running, and it would keep doing it every now and then under prime. But when I got an error, a worker just stopped, it wasnt an illegal summout. And the cause of it was my VRM's were getting too hot so I put a fan on them and re ran prime.. cpu speed didnt idle down and didnt get a worker stopped, it was stable for 6hrs before I stopped the test.

Okay so the x21 passed 4 hours prime95

I went and up'd it to x22 and two notches for CPU volt
turned on prime95 and instantly got this error
what should i do now? is the third core damaged or something?

No, but it is weakest out of the four. If you ran the test longer, eventually the fourth core may have failed too.

Try 21.5x.

If it doesn't work, increase vcore until it does.

I did what Beep said and lowered my thing to x21.5 and it passed.
up'd to 22x and 1volt up, has been 6 hours so far and it's still running
:)
Looks like it's stable ^^

Am i done overclocking?

Hey guys, I just updated my GPU and case so now my computer is a LOT cooler
I'm wondering if I should still OC higher now? and how high?
I hear 1.5v is a good place to stop?

New things added:
Radeon HD 6850
CM Haf 912
4x 120m fans total

Here's my computer with Prime95 running

Additional question: How can I figure out how much watts my computer is using? i have a 500w PSU and worried i may be using more watts since i plan to OC my CPU a little more and then OC my GPU

Clock it as far as you want to or can given good temps and not too much voltage. I mean it is your rig and parts and no one can say from miles away just how far and well the overclock might go.

Clock it as far as you want to or can given good temps and not too much voltage. I mean it is your rig and parts and no one can say from miles away just how far and well the overclock might go.

What's a safe voltage / temp on prime95 for FX-4100?

also how do i check all my watts :)

1.525 is the Max I likely would use for Vcore.

55/8c HWMonitored CPU Core Temps when loaded with P95 Blend.

68c HWMonitored CPU Temp when loaded with P95 Blend.

A $20 ish watt meter that goes between the power cord of your power uspply and the wall outlet.

Okay i got the CPU under hand, I also want to overclock my Radeon HD 6850 so it'll take some more watts

Could you guys estimate if my 500w PSU is enough for all this?

My specs are in my signature (I'm using 4x 120m Fans, may be getting a 200m fan soon)
CPU volt is at around 1.450 (I'm still trying to stablize my CPU)

I tried using PSU watt calculators on websites like eXtreme and it comes out to like 750+ watts so i'm thinking i may be doing something wrong on the site

Back