• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking fx 8350 with fsb+multi method ,help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kilyan

Ok, i'm back, this time wanna achieve good results in overclocking the "hybrid" way.
So i started already to mess, and got my fx 8350 game-stable at 225fsb,4.8ghz 2475/2475 with +0.75 on v.core and +0.125 on nb-vid.
But if i try to go Beyond 225fsb the machine won't post and i don't know what to do Oo.
Thx in adavance

Attachments

• 150522203257.jpg
    150522203257.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 2,282
  • 150522222406.jpg
    150522222406.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,023
  • 150522222432.jpg
    150522222432.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2,010
  • 150522222505.jpg
    150522222505.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,008
  • memory-htclock.JPG
    memory-htclock.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,050
  • cpu-nb clock.JPG
    cpu-nb clock.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,307
Try dropping the Ram speed for starters. You're running them at 1800 Mhz with 9-10-9 timings. According to your specs your ram runs 1866 at 10-11-10. Additionally, sometimes AMD chips do not like Kingston ram and can be finicky with them. This isn't to say that the sticks will not do 1800+ at the set timings, but to rule out the Dram causing the non boot drop the speed for starters. If that doesn't help try increasing the Cpu voltage.

Have you tried dropping the memory divider? Not sure what stock is for your memory but it's running almost 1800 so you might need to add voltage to it or drop the speed.

Have you tried dropping the memory divider? Not sure what stock is for your memory but it's running almost 1800 so you might need to add voltage to it or drop the speed.
I dropped them close to stock (stock is 1866 10-11-10 at 1.5v).

Try dropping the Ram speed for starters. You're running them at 1800 Mhz with 9-10-9 timings. According to your specs your ram runs 1866 at 10-11-10. Additionally, sometimes AMD chips do not like Kingston ram and can be finicky with them. This isn't to say that the sticks will not do 1800+ at the set timings, but to rule out the Dram causing the non boot drop the speed for starters. If that doesn't help try increasing the Cpu voltage.

Maybe only relaxing timings will do the job? I didn't notice my motherboard lowered timings itself when i dropped the frequence from 1866 to 1800 O_O
I try to set manual and see what happens

Just add a bit of voltage to the DIMM like another .05v and see if it''l boot

Drop the NB multiplier it may cause instability after 2500mhz

2475 is lower than 2500. So can't go on 2600 at least?

By the way as soon as i put ram latency to stock, it posted and went in Windows. So simple to fix lol and i coudn't figured out :p
For now i tried fsb 236:

Attachments

• memory-htclock.JPG
    memory-htclock.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,013
  • cpu-nb clock.JPG
    cpu-nb clock.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,041
2475 is lower than 2500. So can't go on 2600 at least?

By the way as soon as i put ram latency to stock, it posted and went in Windows. So simple to fix lol and i coudn't figured out :p
For now i tried fsb 236:

It may do 2600mhz. Just telling you where the stability issues can lay.

Your HT is 2600mhz stock so you have some room there. HT voltage can go up to 1.30v safely.

Don't forget your stability testing. Prime95 for a good half hour or more....

It may do 2600mhz. Just telling you where the stability issues can lay.

Your HT is 2600mhz stock so you have some room there. HT voltage can go up to 1.30v safely.

Don't forget your stability testing. Prime95 for a good half hour or more....

how far is safe to go with the fsb aka bus speed clock?

how far is safe to go with the fsb aka bus speed clock?

It's not a safety issue. It's a stability issue. You can set the frequency as high as you want and it won't hurt the hardware. It just won't boot. High voltages present safety concerns, not high frequencies.

It's not a safety issue. It's a stability issue. You can set the frequency as high as you want and it won't hurt the hardware. It just won't boot. High voltages present safety concerns, not high frequencies.

and what voltage stabilizes the fsb clock if i keep the rest in specs?

Pending on how high you take the FSB, either vcore or a combination of vcore and NB voltage.

Pending on how high you take the FSB, either vcore or a combination of vcore and NB voltage.

This is the best i got so far, tried gears of war 4 benchmark and didn't crash now need to try zelda breath of the wild on wii-u emulator, emulation should be heavy enough for test:

Attachments

• memory-htclock.JPG
    memory-htclock.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,001
  • cpu-nb clock.JPG
    cpu-nb clock.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,011
Are you avoiding the stress testing tools made for that purpose for some reason?

Are you avoiding the stress testing tools made for that purpose for some reason?

yes, if ingame doesn't crash is fine, i'm using way lower voltage than needed to pass the stress test:p
well in zelda i earned from 5-to 8 fps,so i'm playng at 20-23 fps now that makes it more than playable, despite the 13-15 fps i was getting before this wild overclock lol

Last edited:
Just so you know, there is no advantage on FX by running the bus that fast. You could have achieved the same OC using way less bus, since you're not taking advantage of anything that bus increase would help. All you're doing is pounding the board harder.

Show us CineBench 15 at your settings if you don't want to use conventional stress testing apps.

Just so you know, there is no advantage on FX by running the bus that fast. You could have achieved the same OC using way less bus, since you're not taking advantage of anything that bus increase would help. All you're doing is pounding the board harder.

Show us CineBench 15 at your settings if you don't want to use conventional stress testing apps.

i tried to run it couple of second and got beyond 70 degrees, but i knew already it would happen, that's why i didn't want to stress test, i knew already temps would get Dangerous.
So what would you suggest to bump to have benefit in gaming? I play games that rely more on cpu than gpu

If you're seeing temps that high only a couple seconds in, I would say that you're over your ski's with that overclock then. It's just a matter of time before you crash.
There is nothing to bump that's gaming specific, short of raw CPU MHz.
You need to address your cooling situation. 70c is 8 degrees over the damage point of your processor.

EDIT- Since you primarily game, and most games don't take advantage of more than 4 cores, you could shut down 4 cores and save the heat and maybe your overclock.

If you're seeing temps that high only a couple seconds in, I would say that you're over your ski's with that overclock then. It's just a matter of time before you crash.
There is nothing to bump that's gaming specific, short of raw CPU MHz.
You need to address your cooling situation. 70c is 8 degrees over the damage point of your processor.

EDIT- Since you primarily game, and most games don't take advantage of more than 4 cores, you could shut down 4 cores and save the heat and maybe your overclock.

i was thinking if i keep ht and nb clock both at 2200 will i loose performance? and so i go only with multiplier straight to 5 GHz or around it and deactivate 4 cores right?

Back