• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED overclocking GA990XA ud3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wecelliott

Registered
New to overclocking i cannot get multiplyer settings to hold, they do not lock in i am using F10 on exit. CPUz shows muitiplyer changing.
Bios F9.

thanks wecelliott

Go into youre bios and dissable coolnquiet, c1e, c6, and any other power saving options you have in there, as they are there to save power and throttle down the cpu when its not under load. im havig some problems with my giga board at the moment and its doing my head in also :mad:

Thanks Keny i have all the power options in Bios disabled still no luck settings wont hold

thanks Wecelliott

If you press ctrl+f1 does it open more options to disable ? I've just sorted mine out and I updated to the f9 beta and then disabled all the power saving including APM which I never had until I updated the bios and mines rock solid now maybe moving 1mhz under load

No i do not see other options just general help topics, I just reinstalled Easy Tune 6 and it shows constant multiplyer. I dont know if i can be getting funny readings form CPU Z I just updated it.

thanks Wecelliott

No i do not see other options just general help topics, I just reinstalled Easy Tune 6 and it shows constant multiplyer. I dont know if i can be getting funny readings form CPU Z I just updated it.

thanks Wecelliott
Which bios are you using ?

Scratch that . I see you're running F9

Thanks for you time, I have returned to failsafe defaults on MB and will start over hope i missed something, I am following the 990 Overclocking Guide step by step.

Wecelliott

FX6100 GA990xaud3 Bios f9 8GB corsair veng 1600 500GB Sata6 hd Hyper 212 seasonic635 PS Roswell Redbone with 3 fans GTX550ti

thanks Wecelliott

Last edited:
Okay, so you are in fact using a CPU with unlocked multiplier. Just checking. Is there a later bios for that board, even a beta version?

A newer bios could help solve you're issues, I know it helped with my gigga 990fx board, it certainly can't do no harm, as long as you're comfortable with flashing you're bios I would give a new bios a run.

I installed latest regular Bios F12 there is F13beta the F12 opened several new options one of which was the APM tab.CPUZ now shows stable readings.
Thanks for the help.

Wecelliott

Back