• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking HD 7770 and I get BSOD code 116

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ummm, A little late to the party I am but: BSOD 116 is when Windows can't reset the graphics driver.

Basically, your gpu could not handle the overclock and was unable to "display" images to your monitor within 2 seconds. So it tripped the "TDR" function in Windows. (Reset the graphics driver)

Since TDR failed, it threw the BSOD code 116

I'm getting the same thing, when overclocking my N550GTX Cyclone II and mining LTC, my overclock is too high for the card to handle, so I doubled the time the card has before TDR is tripped.

Just search up "timeout detection and recovery of gpus" the second link is for the Microsoft KB article.

I got this card instead of putting an older HD 6670 I had in my old computer in this one. I thought it would be a step up, but I think it was just a step sideways. I should just return it and get one of the cards suggested. I have until Jan 31 to return it.

Back